Review: could Emphysema cause Bloody sputum?
We study 4,923 people who have Emphysema from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Bloody sputum (Coughing up blood). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Emphysema and Bloody sputum >>>
Emphysema (latest reports from 61,990 patients) can be treated by Spiriva, Advair Diskus 250/50, Symbicort, Albuterol Sulfate.
Bloody sputum (blood in sputum) (latest reports from 77,001 patients) has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma.
On Aug, 18, 2014: 4,923 people who have emphysema are studied. Among them, 30 (0.61%) have Bloody Sputum. They amount to 0.04% of all the 77,001 people who have Bloody Sputum on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have emphysema and experienced Bloody sputum * :
|Bloody sputum||15.22%||84.78% |
Age of people who have emphysema and experienced Bloody sputum * :
|Bloody sputum||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.38%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (20 people, 66.67%)
- Pyrexia (16 people, 53.33%)
- Chronic respiratory failure (16 people, 53.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (16 people, 53.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 53.33%)
- Bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (15 people, 50.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (10 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Glimepiride (16 people, 53.33%)
- Trichlormethiazide (16 people, 53.33%)
- Levofloxacin (16 people, 53.33%)
- Nifedipine (16 people, 53.33%)
- Spiriva (15 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol (10 people, 33.33%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (4 people, 13.33%)
- Combivent (3 people, 10.00%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 10.00%)
- Hytrin (3 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group to help out with your experience or learn from others anytime and anywhere:
- group for people who have Bloody Sputum and Emphysema
- group for people who have Emphysema
- group for people who have Bloody Sputum
Common treatments for Emphysema and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
will be using these drugs for two weeks..am half way through
From this study (1 month ago):
developed this nagging cough while on levofloxacin
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Emphysema, Bloody sputum
More reviews for: Emphysema, Bloody sputum
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.