Home > Emphysema > Bloody sputum > Emphysema and Bloody sputum
Would you have Bloody sputum (Coughing up blood) when you have Emphysema?
Summary: Bloody sputum is found among people with Emphysema, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Glimepiride.
We study 30 people who have Bloody sputum (Coughing up blood) and Emphysema from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Emphysema and Bloody sputum >>>
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) (latest reports from 62,221 patients) can be treated by Spiriva, Advair Diskus 250/50, Symbicort, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol.
Bloody sputum (blood in sputum) (latest reports from 77,175 patients) has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,928 people who have emphysema are studied. Among them, 30 (0.61%) have Bloody Sputum.
Gender of people who have emphysema and experienced Bloody sputum * :
|Bloody sputum||15.22%||84.78% |
Age of people who have emphysema and experienced Bloody sputum * :
|Bloody sputum||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.38%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (20 people, 66.67%)
- Pyrexia (16 people, 53.33%)
- Chronic respiratory failure (16 people, 53.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (16 people, 53.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 53.33%)
- Bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (15 people, 50.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (10 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Glimepiride (16 people, 53.33%)
- Trichlormethiazide (16 people, 53.33%)
- Levofloxacin (16 people, 53.33%)
- Nifedipine (16 people, 53.33%)
- Spiriva (15 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol (10 people, 33.33%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (4 people, 13.33%)
- Combivent (3 people, 10.00%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 10.00%)
- Hytrin (3 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Emphysema and Bloody Sputum?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bloody Sputum and Emphysema
- support group for people who have Emphysema
- support group for people who have Bloody Sputum
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can emphysema be diagnosed by chest xray only?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Emphysema, and takes Vitamin D)
Just wonder, in 2013 chest xray showed enlarged lungs. 2014 chest xray showed emphysema per Doctor. Advised to quit smoking. Any further tests required to confirm or xray enough?
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- Is it safe to take embrel even though i have found out i got emphysema
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Emphysema, R/arthitis And Emphysema)
I need to know I if it ok to ya ale embrel with emphysema
- Is it danderous to take suboxone with copd
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has COUGHING UP BLOOD, and takes Xarelto)
DURG INTERACTIONS BY TAKING SUBOXONE AND XARELTO WITH HAVING COPD
- What is causing me to cough blood at night?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Spitting Up Blood, and takes Remeron, Seroquel, Ritodrine Hydrochloride)
I have started these medications about a month ago because Setraline and others didn't work for my depression. These aren't either! For the last week I have a bad reaction an hour after taking the meds- shaking,a lot of agitation, and coughing up blood. I fall asleep 10 min later and then wake up in ...
More questions for: Emphysema, Bloody sputum
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
More reviews for: Emphysema, Bloody sputum
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Emphysema. The patient has Leukemia - Chronic Lymphocytic (cll) (a type of cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell))
Comments: I was diagnosed with CLL after going through a work up for a lung transplant.I looked at my records and seen that my WBC has been climbing for the last 2 years and no one said anything.I was turned down for lung transplant because of the CLL.
- A study of side effects of Dulera for a patient with Emphysema. The patient has Feeling Of Cotton Ball In Throut
Comments: I was diagnosed with Emphazyma in July 2013 after visiting my doctor because of sharp pain when I inhale. I have smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for over 20 years. My doctor perscribed me Dulera and I use it two times a day AM/PM. I have a feeling like there is a cotton ball in my throut.
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Hemoptysis (the coughing up of blood)
Comments: I started with a chest cold and used my symbicort inhaler because of congestion. I had been off of for over a year. Six days after use I started coughing up blood...started as very small amount but is increasing. It happens in the morning and night.....I went to the ER and had a chest X-ray and lab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone - 10MG, Pradaxa, Ramipril, Lovastatin, Doxazosin Mesylate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Dulera, Spiriva, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Copd, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, Cholesterol Embolization Syndrome, Enlarged Prostate, Cardiac Disorder, Asthma, Emphysema, Depression. The patient has Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate
Comments: contracted Shingles after adding hydroxychloroquine sulfate for two weeks!!! Have not yet recovered..still have rash... also taking prednisone for 90 days...suffer from COPD, Sarcoidosis, asthma, emphysema and allergies!!!
More related studies for: Emphysema, Bloody sputum
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.