Emphysema and Bloody sputum - from FDA reports
Bloody sputum is found among people with Emphysema, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Spiriva and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This review analyzes which people have Bloody sputum with Emphysema. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66 people who have Emphysema from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
66 people who have Emphysema and Bloody Sputum are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Emphysema and experience Bloody Sputum *:
- female: 42.86 %
- male: 57.14 %
Age of people who have Emphysema and experience Bloody Sputum *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.85 %
- 50-59: 12.96 %
- 60+: 85.19 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (22 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 18.18%)
- Diabetes (7 people, 10.61%)
- Preventive Health Care (5 people, 7.58%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (5 people, 7.58%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Spiriva (27 people, 40.91%)
- Albuterol (10 people, 15.15%)
- Plavix (9 people, 13.64%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (6 people, 9.09%)
- Combivent (5 people, 7.58%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Cough (19 people, 28.79%)
- Pneumonia (11 people, 16.67%)
- Fever (11 people, 16.67%)
- Breathing Difficulty (10 people, 15.15%)
- Headache (8 people, 12.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Bloody sputum and Emphysema?
- Check symptoms - is your bloody sputum caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBloody sputum and Emphysema from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) can be treated by Spiriva, Advair diskus 250/50, Symbicort, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 19,182 Emphysema patients)
Bloody sputum (blood in sputum) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, stroke, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 19,290 Bloody sputum patients).
Browse all symptoms of Emphysemaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Bloody sputumBloody sputum
Other conditions that could case Bloody sputumBloody sputum
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Diarhea and Spririva use ? Notice chart on this website shows the diarhea condition almost disappears in last two years of study. Why? Would love someone to share what has been done to counteract this reaction to the drug. Thanks.
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm 62 years old and have Primary Myelofibrosis, diagnosed in 2014. Two days ago I was told by my doctor that I now have emphysema. I don't cough, I don't smoke. And just cant accept this additional diagnosis. I am to go to an pulmonologist to receive further testing and medication. I'm in ...
My doctors started be on Xarelto after an episode of AF. The first time I took it at night and at 4.30 in the morning woke up with a strange taste in my mouth. I went and spat in the basin and was horrified to see a dark bloody sputum had accumulated. I stopped taking the Xarelto 20mg on medical ...
14 years old and noticed blood in her mouth she was washing her face. This has occurred twice today. Spits up blood while clearing her throat. She is currently taking Adderall for ADHD 5 mg tablets she is prescribed to take 7.5 in the morning and 7.5 in the afternoon no other symptoms at this ...