Review: could Epilepsy cause Ear infection?
Summary: Ear infection could be caused by Epilepsy, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Depression, and take Tegretol.
We study 27,198 people who have Epilepsy from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Ear infection (Otitis). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
On Apr, 12, 2014: 27,194 people who have epilepsy are studied. Among them, 32 (0.12%) have Ear Infection. They amount to 0.10% of all the 30,722 people who have Ear Infection on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have epilepsy and experienced Ear infection * :
|Ear infection||79.66%||20.34% |
Age of people who have epilepsy and experienced Ear infection * :
|Ear infection||7.14%||19.64%||5.36%||48.21%||3.57%||0.00%||14.29%||3.57% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (24 people, 75.00%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 75.00%)
- Tension (24 people, 75.00%)
- Sleep disorder (24 people, 75.00%)
- Convulsion (8 people, 25.00%)
- Schizophrenia (8 people, 25.00%)
- Restlessness (4 people, 12.50%)
- Astrocytoma, low grade (4 people, 12.50%)
- Tuberous sclerosis (4 people, 12.50%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 12.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tegretol (28 people, 87.50%)
- Trileptal (26 people, 81.25%)
- Livostin (24 people, 75.00%)
- Pulmicort (24 people, 75.00%)
- Zyrtec (24 people, 75.00%)
- Serevent (24 people, 75.00%)
- Lamictal (24 people, 75.00%)
- Bricanyl (24 people, 75.00%)
- Rhinocort (24 people, 75.00%)
- Valproate sodium (17 people, 53.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Epilepsy, Ear infection
You can also:
Common treatments for Epilepsy and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
I have been choking on medication and food. I had a barium swallow test that showed a narrowing of the esophagus.
From this study (5 days ago):
I have started having my meds and food get stuck in throat. Am starting to chock on things. Had a barium swallow done recently and it showed a narrowing of my esophagus.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.