Home > Epilepsy > Pseudodementia > Epilepsy and Pseudodementia
Review: could Epilepsy cause Pseudodementia?
We study 27,334 people who have Epilepsy from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Pseudodementia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Epilepsy and Pseudodementia >>>
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 71,072 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Dilantin, Lamotrigine, Topamax.
Pseudodementia (severe form of depression that results from a progressive brain disorder in which cognitive changes mimic those of dementia) (latest reports from 640 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, sleep disorder, depression, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 27,334 people who have epilepsy are studied. Among them, 6 (0.02%) have Pseudodementia.
Gender of people who have epilepsy and experienced Pseudodementia * :
Age of people who have epilepsy and experienced Pseudodementia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 33.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Depakene (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 50.00%)
- Topamax (3 people, 50.00%)
- Diazepam (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy and Pseudodementia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pseudodementia and Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Pseudodementia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- Can i take augmentin with tegretol?
I have epilepsy and I am taking Tregretol 200mg & tropirol. I want to know taking augmentin is good for with these tablets. I have to take augmentin for sneeze.
- Is it all right to take garcinia cambogia with oxcarbazepine?
I do not have seizures very often, but the last one, was 2 months ago.
This happened because I combine several wrong actions, like drank alcohol, lack of sleep and I forgot my medicine for 3 days.
- Will onfi help anxiety as well as seizures
I suffer from seizures, anxiety, ADHD, and partial liver failure. I HATE PSYCHIATRISTS AND NEUROLOGISTS, in every sense of the word. There is a constant battle over my meds. The doctors make me feel like a piece of rotten meat. I need suggestions about meds. I have been in a constant cycle of turmoi ...
- Can valproic acid cause conjunctivitis abdominal pain and diarrhea?
i had taken valproic acid in 1988 .. stopped the drug and did not remember the reason
in 1999 my dr wanted me to try v acid again at age 44 .. i took the med . with in 2 hours my eyes and stomach burned . and i had diarrhea. my eyes were blood red eye lids red in side . .. then i remembered w ...
- Epilepsy medicine and liver problems?
my son (16 y.o) has been on lamotrigne for 10 years sometimes his face is quite yellow and he has quiet spells some days, also 6 months ago he was vomiting every day and lost 8 kilos in weight, hes put it back on now but still gets yellow faces, can this be lamotrigne that causes it and is it doing ...
More questions for: Epilepsy, Pseudodementia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
- Respiratory failure and ativan
I went into a status seizure and the rescue medicine they used was Ativan. After administering Ativan three separate times over the course of four hours, I went into Respiratory Failure. I was intubated and kept on the ventilator for approximately 1.5 days and spent seven days in the hospital. I had ...
More reviews for: Epilepsy, Pseudodementia
Common treatments for Epilepsy and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Epilepsy symptoms:
Pseudodementia related symptom studies:
Related drug studies for: Epilepsy, Pseudodementia
Recent Epilepsy related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dilantin, Keppra for a 38-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote, ONFI, Zonisamide, Lamictal, Ethosuximide for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Clorazepate Dipotassium, Zonegran, Vimpat for a 15-year old boy who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Zonisamide, Keppra, Onfi for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Tegretol-xr, Depakene for a 24-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Keppra for a 11-year old boy who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Vimpat, Topiramate for a 58-year old woman who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Lipitor, Trileptal for a 65-year old man who has Epilepsy
More related comparison studies for: Epilepsy, Pseudodementia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (36 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Evernia Prunastri
- White Bay
- Diuretic Therapy
- Reperfusion Arrhythmia