Home > Epilepsy > Slurred speech > Epilepsy and Slurred speech
Review: could Epilepsy cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
We study 27,334 people who have Epilepsy from FDA and social media. Among them, 446 have Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult)). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Epilepsy and Slurred speech >>>
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 71,072 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Dilantin, Lamotrigine, Topamax.
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) (latest reports from 192,656 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 27,334 people who have epilepsy are studied. Among them, 446 (1.63%) have Slurred Speech.
Gender of people who have epilepsy and experienced Slurred speech * :
|Slurred speech||53.48%||46.52% |
Age of people who have epilepsy and experienced Slurred speech * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||5.07%||14.26%||17.43%||14.90%||13.95%||16.32%||18.23% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||66.67%||22.22%||11.11% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (32 people, 7.17%)
- Depression (26 people, 5.83%)
- Convulsion (21 people, 4.71%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 4.48%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 4.04%)
- Hypothyroidism (17 people, 3.81%)
- Multiple sclerosis (16 people, 3.59%)
- Partial seizures (14 people, 3.14%)
- Petit mal epilepsy (12 people, 2.69%)
- Back pain (11 people, 2.47%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Keppra (187 people, 41.93%)
- Lamictal (174 people, 39.01%)
- Tegretol (169 people, 37.89%)
- Topamax (125 people, 28.03%)
- Carbamazepine (122 people, 27.35%)
- Neurontin (104 people, 23.32%)
- Levetiracetam (101 people, 22.65%)
- Topiramate (95 people, 21.30%)
- Phenytoin (90 people, 20.18%)
- Depakene (69 people, 15.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy and Slurred Speech?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech and Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
More questions for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
Common treatments for Epilepsy and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Epilepsy symptoms:
Slurred Speech related symptom studies:
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Gabapentin, Keppra for a patient with Blood Disorder, Nerve Pain, Epilepsy. The patient has Aphasia
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Trileptal for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Slurred Speech, Restlessness, Drooling, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Adderall 30, Keppra for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Insomnia, Adhd, Epilepsy. The patient has Slurred Speech, Confusional State, Convulsions, Migraine With Aura
More related studies for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
Recent Epilepsy related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.