Home > Epilepsy > Slurred speech > Epilepsy and Slurred speech
Would you have Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult)) when you have Epilepsy?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people with Epilepsy, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Parkinson's disease, and take medication Keppra.
We study 447 people who have Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult)) and Epilepsy from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Epilepsy and Slurred speech >>>
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) can be treated by Keppra, Lamictal, Tegretol, Dilantin, Lamotrigine, Topamax. (view latest reports from 37,206 patients)
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) (latest reports from 31,170 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 447 people who have epilepsy and Slurred Speech are studied.
Gender of people who have epilepsy and experienced Slurred speech * :
|Slurred speech||53.41%||46.59% |
Age of people who have epilepsy and experienced Slurred speech * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||5.06%||14.22%||17.38%||14.85%||13.90%||16.27%||18.33% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||70.00%||20.00%||10.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (32 people, 7.16%)
- Depression (26 people, 5.82%)
- Convulsion (21 people, 4.70%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 4.47%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 4.03%)
- Hypothyroidism (17 people, 3.80%)
- Multiple sclerosis (16 people, 3.58%)
- Partial seizures (14 people, 3.13%)
- Petit mal epilepsy (12 people, 2.68%)
- Back pain (11 people, 2.46%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Keppra (187 people, 41.83%)
- Lamictal (174 people, 38.93%)
- Tegretol (169 people, 37.81%)
- Topamax (125 people, 27.96%)
- Carbamazepine (122 people, 27.29%)
- Neurontin (104 people, 23.27%)
- Levetiracetam (101 people, 22.60%)
- Topiramate (95 people, 21.25%)
- Phenytoin (90 people, 20.13%)
- Lamotrigine (69 people, 15.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy and Slurred Speech?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech and Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes HCG)
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
More questions for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
(Posted by a 26 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Topamax)
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
More reviews for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Baclofen for a patient with Nerve Injury, Pain - Back. The patient has Inability To Speak, Tongue Spasm
Comments: Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Topamax for a patient with Seizure Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Static Noise In Left Ear And Occasional Tingling Down Arm All Coincide Makes Me Nausea
Comments: currently being tested, hearing test passed, balance test i passed solid surface eyes open, foam surface eyes open and closed but failed the eyes closed solid surface, awaiting VNG thought it was caused by topamax as symptoms started after taking meds but once i stopped and was changed over to depak ...
More related studies for: Epilepsy, Slurred speech
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.