Essential tremor and Swallowing difficulty - from FDA reports
Swallowing difficulty is found among people with Essential tremor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Xyrem and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Swallowing difficulty with Essential tremor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16 people who have Essential tremor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 30, 2017
16 people who have Essential Tremor and Swallowing Difficulty are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Essential Tremor and experience Swallowing Difficulty *:
- female: 93.75 %
- male: 6.25 %
Age of people who have Essential Tremor and experience Swallowing Difficulty *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 41.67 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (5 people, 31.25%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (5 people, 31.25%)
- Migraine (4 people, 25.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 25.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 18.75%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem (5 people, 31.25%)
- Nexium (4 people, 25.00%)
- Maxalt (4 people, 25.00%)
- Tylenol (3 people, 18.75%)
- Potassium (3 people, 18.75%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (7 people, 43.75%)
- Tremor (5 people, 31.25%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 31.25%)
- Constipation (5 people, 31.25%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swallowing difficulty and Essential tremor?
- Check symptoms - is your swallowing difficulty caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Essential tremor can be treated by Primidone, Propranolol hydrochloride, Inderal, Mysoline, Inderal la (latest reports from 1,632 Essential tremor patients)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 57,493 Swallowing difficulty patients).
Browse all symptoms of Essential tremora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
Other conditions that could case Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Does anyone know if it's possible to have a tummy tuck with Gastroparesis? I know that you have to be careful with anesthesia... but I'm wondering if the distension would cause problems... Or if the procedure itself would cause more nerve damage.
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've had RA for a few years now but have just started experiencing problems with swallowing about 3 weeks ago. It has me a little scared. I actually just looked it up to see if it could be a symptom of RA because I wasn't sure. Now I'm curious as to how common this is and how bad it can get? I ...
I have been dealing with chronic pain from Dystonia since 12/4/16. I believe some cause of my Dystonia is to be blamed on a clinical study I was involved in for my ADHD that same year for a for a version of time released Ritalin for adults. Prior to this study I was using Adderall & am back on ...