Would you have Swallowing difficulty when you have Essential tremor?
Summary: Swallowing difficulty is found among people with Essential tremor, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Lisinopril.
We study 7 people who have Swallowing difficulty and Essential tremor from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Essential tremor and Swallowing difficulty >>>
Essential tremor can be treated by Primidone, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax, Inderal, Mysoline. (latest reports from Essential Tremor 1,097 patients)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Swallowing difficulty 36,230 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 7 people who have essential tremor and Swallowing Difficulty are studied.
Gender of people who have essential tremor and experienced Swallowing difficulty * :
|Swallowing difficulty||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have essential tremor and experienced Swallowing difficulty * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 28.57%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin supplementation (1 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 14.29%)
- Migraine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Micturition urgency (1 people, 14.29%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (3 people, 42.86%)
- Botox (2 people, 28.57%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 14.29%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 14.29%)
- Arimidex (1 people, 14.29%)
- Plavix (1 people, 14.29%)
- Boniva (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lantus (1 people, 14.29%)
- Crestor (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Essential Tremor and Swallowing Difficulty?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty and Essential tremor
- support group for people who have Essential tremor
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- Are there any sinus infection meds that do not exacerbate essential tremors?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Allegra)
I am trying to find an allergy med that will NOT make me very nervous and shaky. I have essential tremors and these meds make the condition worse - I shake much more and it feels like I'm on speed...but I have a chronic sinus headache which, I feel, is due to seasonal allergies...
More questions for: Essential tremor, Swallowing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Essential tremor, Swallowing difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Clonidine for a patient with Depression, Flushing. The patient has Neck Pain, Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Pristiq, Synthroid, Cytomel for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Essential Tremor, Md, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Uneasiness, Muscle Pain, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
More related studies for: Essential tremor, Swallowing difficulty
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.