Home > Essential tremor > Swallowing difficulty > Essential tremor and Swallowing difficulty
Review: could Essential tremor cause Swallowing difficulty?
We study 508 people who have Essential tremor from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Swallowing difficulty. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Essential tremor and Swallowing difficulty >>>
Essential tremor (latest reports from 3,520 patients) can be treated by Primidone, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax, Inderal, Mysoline.
Swallowing difficulty (latest reports from 250,955 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 508 people who have essential tremor are studied. Among them, 7 (1.38%) have Swallowing Difficulty.
Gender of people who have essential tremor and experienced Swallowing difficulty * :
|Swallowing difficulty||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have essential tremor and experienced Swallowing difficulty * :
|Swallowing difficulty||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 28.57%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin supplementation (1 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 14.29%)
- Migraine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Micturition urgency (1 people, 14.29%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (3 people, 42.86%)
- Botox (2 people, 28.57%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 14.29%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 14.29%)
- Arimidex (1 people, 14.29%)
- Plavix (1 people, 14.29%)
- Boniva (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lantus (1 people, 14.29%)
- Crestor (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Essential Tremor and Swallowing Difficulty?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty and Essential tremor
- support group for people who have Essential tremor
- support group for people who have Swallowing Difficulty
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second time was worst than the first and came back in waves. the first time it happened once and it was over.
From this study (3 days ago):
Can only eat bland food, triggers hoarseness swallowing problems mucus in throat and a feeling of lump in the throat was thinking if it was the hormones from the mirena coil that was causing this.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
After 11 cycles of revlimid 20 mg X 21 days swallowing tablets/capsules and firm lumpy food became difficult and sometimes obstructive around level of C6 vertebra (behind laryngeal cricoid).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
- Are there any sinus infection meds that do not exacerbate essential tremors?
I am trying to find an allergy med that will NOT make me very nervous and shaky. I have essential tremors and these meds make the condition worse - I shake much more and it feels like I'm on speed...but I have a chronic sinus headache which, I feel, is due to seasonal allergies...
More questions for: Essential tremor, Swallowing difficulty
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Essential tremor, Swallowing difficulty
Common treatments for Essential Tremor and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Essential tremor symptoms:
Swallowing Difficulty related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (46 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Ortho Novum 1/35 21
- Decreased Appetite