Would you have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter) when you have Fibromyalgia?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people with Fibromyalgia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Pain, and take medication Vioxx.
We study 69 people who have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter) and Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Atrial fibrillation >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Neurontin. (latest reports from 27,010 Fibromyalgia patients)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,259 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Feb, 11, 2015: 69 people who have fibromyalgia and Atrial Fibrillation are studied.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||87.95%||12.05% |
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.35%||0.00%||9.46%||21.62%||67.57% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (12 people, 17.39%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 14.49%)
- Blood cholesterol (9 people, 13.04%)
- Thyroid disorder (8 people, 11.59%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 10.14%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 10.14%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 7.25%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 7.25%)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (5 people, 7.25%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 5.80%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Vioxx (15 people, 21.74%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 17.39%)
- Zoloft (12 people, 17.39%)
- Lipitor (11 people, 15.94%)
- Premarin (10 people, 14.49%)
- Cymbalta (9 people, 13.04%)
- Ibuprofen (9 people, 13.04%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 11.59%)
- Clonazepam (8 people, 11.59%)
- Coumadin (7 people, 10.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fibromyalgia and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Atrial Fibrillation?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Recent Fibromyalgia related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.