Home > Fibromyalgia > Hot flashes > Fibromyalgia and Hot flashes
Would you have Hot flashes (Hot Flush) when you have Fibromyalgia?
Summary: Hot flashes is found among people with Fibromyalgia, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Pain, and take medication Savella.
We study 254 people who have Hot flashes (Hot Flush) and Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Hot flashes >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Flexeril. (view latest reports from 24,072 patients)
Hot flashes (sudden feelings of heat) (latest reports from 17,904 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, breast cancer, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 254 people who have fibromyalgia and Hot Flashes are studied.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Hot flashes * :
|Hot flashes||96.88%||3.12% |
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Hot flashes * :
|Hot flashes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.78%||15.81%||19.45%||36.17%||22.80% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hot flashes||7.14%||35.71%||35.71%||21.43% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (56 people, 22.05%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (37 people, 14.57%)
- Arthritis (34 people, 13.39%)
- Breast cancer (21 people, 8.27%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (20 people, 7.87%)
- Granulocytopenia (20 people, 7.87%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (19 people, 7.48%)
- Headache (19 people, 7.48%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 7.09%)
- Hypertension (17 people, 6.69%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Savella (118 people, 46.46%)
- Lyrica (74 people, 29.13%)
- Cymbalta (66 people, 25.98%)
- Vicodin (36 people, 14.17%)
- Effexor (35 people, 13.78%)
- Flexeril (35 people, 13.78%)
- Atenolol (32 people, 12.60%)
- Vitamin d (29 people, 11.42%)
- Percocet (29 people, 11.42%)
- Calcium (29 people, 11.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Hot Flashes?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes and Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Hot Flashes
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Can myrbetriq help with menopausal hot flashes?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Menopause Hot Flashes, and takes Myrbetriq)
My doctor recommended Myrbetriq for menopausal hot flashes. Has anyone used this drug for that purpose?
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also (2 answers)
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
More questions for: Fibromyalgia, Hot flashes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, and takes Lamictal, Cymbalta)
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- So sleepy with savella
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella)
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Fibromyalgia, and takes Xanax, Lyrica)
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia, Hot flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of side effects of Endep for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Diahrea, Abdominal Pain, Back Pain,extreme Dry Mouth And Thirst
Comments: Started taking two weeks ago, Taking Endep for nerve, to get more sleep to release seretonin 2x 10mg
Taken at night
On admittance to hospital surgeons found I was tender on both sides of stomach, and both sides on back Ct scan showed pockets of diverticulitis disease
Also take nexium regu ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Zantac
Comments: I do not understand I have been taking Alprazalam because I had a nervous breakdown in 1991 when I lost my first grandson at four months and four days so the doctor put me on this medication and told me not to get off of it. I do know what happens when I do not have it I have seizers, tear a complet ...
More related studies for: Fibromyalgia, Hot flashes
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.