Home > Fibromyalgia > Lightheadedness > Fibromyalgia and Lightheadedness
Review: could Fibromyalgia cause Lightheadedness (Dizziness)?
We study 17,283 people who have Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,538 have Lightheadedness (Dizziness). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Lightheadedness >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 93,052 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride.
Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint) (latest reports from 1,295,369 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 17,230 people who have fibromyalgia are studied. Among them, 1,538 (8.93%) have Lightheadedness.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Lightheadedness * :
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Lightheadedness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (261 people, 16.97%)
- Hypertension (120 people, 7.80%)
- Depression (117 people, 7.61%)
- Anxiety (114 people, 7.41%)
- Arthritis (99 people, 6.44%)
- Insomnia (94 people, 6.11%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (83 people, 5.40%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (67 people, 4.36%)
- Headache (67 people, 4.36%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (65 people, 4.23%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lyrica (963 people, 62.61%)
- Cymbalta (437 people, 28.41%)
- Savella (180 people, 11.70%)
- Neurontin (139 people, 9.04%)
- Synthroid (120 people, 7.80%)
- Vicodin (105 people, 6.83%)
- Xanax (103 people, 6.70%)
- Gabapentin (102 people, 6.63%)
- Vitamin d (98 people, 6.37%)
- Nexium (94 people, 6.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Lightheadedness?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Lightheadedness and Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Lightheadedness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all at the same time about 2 weeks ago. I am under a little stress, my cousin just passed away. I am also on 30 mg's of prednisone and have been since the end of April 2014
From this study (4 months ago):
I had vertigo only once so far. It lasted 6 weeks. My glands under ears ache occasionally. I haven't had a period since the vertigo.
From this study (12 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fibromyalgia, Lightheadedness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia, Lightheadedness
Common treatments for Fibromyalgia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Fibromyalgia symptoms:
- Pain Relief in Fibromyalgia (1,985 reports)
- Not Effective in Fibromyalgia (1,695 reports)
- Dizziness in Fibromyalgia (1,540 reports)
- Weight Gain in Fibromyalgia (1,523 reports)
- Nausea in Fibromyalgia (1,422 reports)
- Headache in Fibromyalgia (1,284 reports)
- Weariness in Fibromyalgia (1,193 reports)
- Wakefulness in Fibromyalgia (1,033 reports)
- Drowsiness, Hypersomnia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Somnolence in Fibromyalgia (1,011 reports)
- Depression in Fibromyalgia (940 reports)
Lightheadedness related symptom studies:
- Lightheadedness in Anxiety (3,768 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Blood pressure (11,484 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Depression (8,663 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3,787 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Hyperlipidemia (5,512 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Hypertension (12,398 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Ms (6,704 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Osteoporosis (7,330 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Pain (5,473 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,263 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Escitalopram and Formication
- Depression and Efavirenz
- Atenolol and Losartan
- Gastritis and Erectile Dysfunction
- Weight Gain and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST ... " (41 minutes ago)
- "I am going to buy the medication tomorrow, and hoping ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (17 hours ago)
- Urinary Tract Infection