Review: could Fibromyalgia cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
We study 17,242 people who have Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Among them, 222 have Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Loss of appetite >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 92,187 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride.
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) (latest reports from 386,351 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 17,230 people who have fibromyalgia are studied. Among them, 222 (1.29%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Loss of appetite * :
|Loss of appetite||97.91%||2.09% |
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Loss of appetite * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||1.13%||4.15%||16.23%||22.26%||29.06%||27.55% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (56 people, 25.23%)
- Depression (34 people, 15.32%)
- Arthritis (32 people, 14.41%)
- Headache (29 people, 13.06%)
- Cardiac disorder (27 people, 12.16%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (26 people, 11.71%)
- Vitamin supplementation (25 people, 11.26%)
- Hypersensitivity (25 people, 11.26%)
- Anxiety (25 people, 11.26%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 11.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lyrica (72 people, 32.43%)
- Savella (67 people, 30.18%)
- Cymbalta (51 people, 22.97%)
- Humira (38 people, 17.12%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 15.32%)
- Xanax (34 people, 15.32%)
- Nexium (33 people, 14.86%)
- Fish oil (31 people, 13.96%)
- Neurontin (30 people, 13.51%)
- Skelaxin (29 people, 13.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Loss Of Appetite?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Loss Of Appetite and Fibromyalgia
- group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
SO far the nuvigil makes my brain and body feel awake for the first time in a long time. No jitters or shakes or feelings of extreme energy. By 7 or 8, I am sleepy but can stay awake. The only adverse side effect is headaches, which get better when I remind myself to eat, and loss of appetite. Still waiting to see which if any adverse reactions occur with the yaz and Nuvigil, since Nuvigil reduces the effect of hormonal BC.
emily on Oct, 1, 2011:
Just a warning, the "adverse effects" you would see on Yaz and Nuvigil would be pregnancy. Just a heads up if that's not in your plan right now, as my doctor told me when I was on hormonal BC and Nuvigil to either always use condoms or get an IUD, since it renders hormonal BC pretty much ineffective. I opted for the Paragard IUD.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fibromyalgia, Loss of appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- So sleepy with savella
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia, Loss of appetite
Common treatments for Fibromyalgia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Fibromyalgia symptoms:
Loss Of Appetite related symptom studies:
- Loss Of Appetite in Blood pressure (2,679 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Depression (2,090 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Diabetes (1,180 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Hepatitis c (1,601 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Hypertension (2,896 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Multiple sclerosis (1,237 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Osteoporosis (1,661 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Pain (1,849 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Ra (1,217 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5,846 reports)
Fibromyalgia is also known as: Fibromyalgia syndrome, Fibromyositis, Fibrositis, Myofascial pain syndrome.
Loss Of Appetite is also known as: Appetite - decreased, Appetite Decreased, Decreased appetite, Reduced Appetite.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.