Home > Fibromyalgia > Myasthenia gravis > Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia gravis
Review: could Fibromyalgia cause Myasthenia gravis?
We study 17,289 people who have Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Myasthenia gravis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia gravis >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 92,292 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride.
Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) (latest reports from 8,757 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 17,283 people who have fibromyalgia are studied. Among them, 6 (0.03%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 66.67%)
- Oedema (2 people, 33.33%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Somnolence (2 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (2 people, 33.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Migraine (2 people, 33.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Cymbalta (4 people, 66.67%)
- Prozac (2 people, 33.33%)
- Imitrex (2 people, 33.33%)
- Singulair (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fiorinal (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fosamax plus d (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bentyl (2 people, 33.33%)
- Xanax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fosamax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Diovan hct (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia Gravis?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis and Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 hours ago):
In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. I am not employed, I receive alimony, my house is paid off but behind in property taxes. I am enrolled in online college (since 2012-straight A's), just transferred after AA in Psychology in July 2014 to GCU for BA. in teaching. Grades remain "A's".
Today (Oct. 13, 2014) I am 109.6 lbs. despite consistent food consumption through out day.
From this study (3 days ago):
I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
From this study (6 days ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- So sleepy with savella
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia gravis
Common treatments for Fibromyalgia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Fibromyalgia symptoms:
- Pain Relief in Fibromyalgia (1,985 reports)
- Not Effective in Fibromyalgia (1,695 reports)
- Dizziness in Fibromyalgia (1,540 reports)
- Weight Gain in Fibromyalgia (1,523 reports)
- Nausea in Fibromyalgia (1,422 reports)
- Headache in Fibromyalgia (1,284 reports)
- Weariness in Fibromyalgia (1,193 reports)
- Wakefulness in Fibromyalgia (1,033 reports)
- Drowsiness, Hypersomnia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Somnolence in Fibromyalgia (1,011 reports)
- Depression in Fibromyalgia (940 reports)
Myasthenia Gravis related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Oil Of Oregano