Home > Fibromyalgia > Myasthenia gravis > Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia gravis
Would you have Myasthenia gravis when you have Fibromyalgia?
Summary: Myasthenia gravis is found among people with Fibromyalgia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Depression, and take medication Cymbalta.
We study 6 people who have Myasthenia gravis and Fibromyalgia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia gravis >>>
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 92,334 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Neurontin.
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) (latest reports from 8,764 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 17,283 people who have fibromyalgia are studied. Among them, 6 (0.03%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Gender of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have fibromyalgia and experienced Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 66.67%)
- Oedema (2 people, 33.33%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (2 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Somnolence (2 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (2 people, 33.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Migraine (2 people, 33.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Cymbalta (4 people, 66.67%)
- Prozac (2 people, 33.33%)
- Imitrex (2 people, 33.33%)
- Singulair (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fiorinal (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fosamax plus d (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bentyl (2 people, 33.33%)
- Xanax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fosamax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Diovan hct (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia and Myasthenia Gravis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis and Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Does anyone else continue to have all over body pain 3 years after taking lupron depot for endometriosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen, Fatigue, Weakness, Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness, Fibromyalgia, Bladder Discomfort)
I had 9 injections of lupron after a partial hysterectomy. Ever since then my body has never been the same. I continue, 3 years later suffering from weakness. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse and after 2 and 1/2 years I was forced to file for disability.
- Does forteo make fibromyalgia worse
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Forteo)
Flu like symptoms and feeling feverish with no increase in temperature or pulse
More questions for: Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- So sleepy with savella
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella)
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Fibromyalgia, and takes Xanax, Lyrica)
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia gravis
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Energy Increased
Comments: Feel increased energy and alertness for a few hours after taking medication
- A study of side effects of Savella for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache), High Blood Pressure, Sweating Increased (excess sweating)
Comments: had to go on blood pressure meds
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hypercholesterolemia (high levels of cholesterol in the blood)
Comments: I never had high cholesterol before taking this drug. I am 31 years old and have had a hysterectomy and am in menopause as well.
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a patient with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: can any of these medications cause Hep B
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Topamax for a patient with Depression, Fibromyalgia, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: pain in body and head
thoughts of suicide
More related studies for: Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia gravis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Alzheimer's Disease and Diarrhea
- Azopt and Sleep Disorders
- Sweating - Excessive and Crestor
- Mucinex Dm and Protriptyline Hydrochloride
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (4 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (15 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (23 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (20 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (20 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)