Home > Glaucoma > Eye swelling > Glaucoma and Eye swelling
Review: could Glaucoma cause Eye swelling?
We study 10,738 people who have Glaucoma from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Eye swelling. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Glaucoma and Eye swelling >>>
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) (latest reports from 63,876 patients) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol Maleate, Cosopt, Travatan Z, Travatan.
Eye swelling (latest reports from 41,788 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Aug, 28, 2014: 10,720 people who have glaucoma are studied. Among them, 149 (1.39%) have Eye Swelling. They amount to 0.36% of all the 41,625 people who have Eye Swelling on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||79.19%||20.81% |
Age of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.83%||2.48%||14.05%||83.47% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye swelling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 8.72%)
- Dry eye (12 people, 8.05%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (9 people, 6.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 4.03%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 2.68%)
- Thyroid disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 2.68%)
- Inflammation (4 people, 2.68%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 2.01%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Xalatan (95 people, 63.76%)
- Combigan (31 people, 20.81%)
- Latanoprost (26 people, 17.45%)
- Travatan (21 people, 14.09%)
- Alphagan p (10 people, 6.71%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 6.71%)
- Lumigan (9 people, 6.04%)
- Betoptic (8 people, 5.37%)
- Travatan z (8 people, 5.37%)
- Alphagan (7 people, 4.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma and Eye Swelling?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Eye Swelling and Glaucoma
- group for people who have Glaucoma
- group for people who have Eye Swelling
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
Aware of the more usual yesteryear being much clearer than yesterday in the elderly and this is normal experience. More recent months has shown that the mid term and even the 'fossilised' memory is affected (is that piano new? was my husband called George?). Spoken references are still clear and self orientation in time and place, though some appointments missed. Then losing normal to hand items now: letters just received, keys, tv remote (found in kitchen drawer)
Continuing to use daily so no assessment of withdrawal at this time
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Dry cough started after starting Zioptan. Coughing started while I had a cold, and persisted after the cold resolved. Upper airway sometimes seems irritated, too. No shortness of breath. Chest x-ray normal.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Sice 6 month ago, because of high pressure of my eyes,I visited eye specialist and after he checking my eyes, he found Glaucoma associated with high pressure in my two eyes. He gave the above mentioned eye drops and advised me to instill one drop of Timolol to each eye in the morning and 1 drop of Latanoprost 0.005% in each eye in the bed time, every day . Those drugs made normal eye pressure. But recently I was feeling a kind of weakness and sleepy with a little discomfort on my heart. Then I checked my blood pressure and heart rate. The blood bressure getting high around 155/70 and the HERAT RATE dropped down 56,55,52 even some times to 48. Today August 21, 2014 I am feeling a lot weakness and with heart rate of 48. Then I stop the medication today and went through online, found your site and wrote the history to you. It should be mentioned that tomorrow I will contact to my eye doctor and will him to know, too. Llast week on Tuesday I talked to my family doctor and she thought this slow heart rate would be due to eye drops. Thanks for your help and remain to hearing from you.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
Common treatments for Glaucoma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Glaucoma symptoms:
Eye Swelling related symptom studies:
Glaucoma is also known as: Chronic glaucoma, Closed angle glaucoma, Congenital glaucoma, Open angle glaucoma.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Uveitis Glaucoma Hyphaema Syndrome
- Se/schisandra Sphaerandra
- Blood Pressure Increased
- Nonketotic Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Coma
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid