Would you have Eye swelling when you have Glaucoma?
Summary: Eye swelling is found among people with Glaucoma, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Xalatan.
We study 149 people who have Eye swelling and Glaucoma from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Glaucoma and Eye swelling >>>
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z, Latanoprost, Cosopt. (latest reports from Glaucoma 18,578 patients)
Eye swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, pain.(latest reports from Eye swelling 9,118 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 149 people who have glaucoma and Eye Swelling are studied.
Gender of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||79.19%||20.81% |
Age of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.82%||2.46%||13.93%||82.79% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye swelling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 8.72%)
- Dry eye (12 people, 8.05%)
- Open angle glaucoma (11 people, 7.38%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (9 people, 6.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 4.03%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 2.68%)
- Thyroid disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 2.68%)
- Inflammation (4 people, 2.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Xalatan (95 people, 63.76%)
- Combigan (31 people, 20.81%)
- Latanoprost (26 people, 17.45%)
- Travatan (21 people, 14.09%)
- Alphagan p (10 people, 6.71%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 6.71%)
- Lumigan (9 people, 6.04%)
- Betoptic (8 people, 5.37%)
- Travatan z (8 people, 5.37%)
- Alphagan (7 people, 4.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma and Eye Swelling?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Eye Swelling and Glaucoma
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
- support group for people who have Eye Swelling
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- Can l-glutamine make controlled glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Glaucoma, Safe To Take L-glutamine With Controlled Glaucom, and takes Travatan)
I need to know how much l-glutamine to take (powder form). I have IBS and Glaucoma (controlled by Travatan)
- Can lisinopril make open angle glaucoma worse
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Open Angle Glaucoma)
i take several drugs and have found out my open angle glaucoma is getting
worse, i would like to know if any of my medications cause it. thank you
- What is a safe cold medicine for someone with bph and open angle glaucoma
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Open Angle Glaucoma, BPH, Reynaud's Phenomenon (cold Extremities), and takes Esmolol Hydrochloride)
What is a safe cold medicine to use for someone with BPH and open angle glaucoma? I don't want to make either condition worse by taking the wrong
medcine or drug.
- Will lexapro worsen glaucoma?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Glaucoma, and takes Lexapro)
Does Lexapro worsen glaucoma? My husband needs an anti-anxiety drug and Lexapro has just been approved to treat anxiety disorder. But he has glaucoma and most drugs make it worse. Any news?
More questions for: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
- A study of side effects of Cosopt for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: back pain,side pain and abdominal pains- scale for pain about an 8. I have had an uti with blood present. I previously lost a kidney to impacted kidney stones. I feel that the same thing may be going on and I would like an opinion. Thank you. Judy
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: Aware of the more usual yesteryear being much clearer than yesterday in the elderly and this is normal experience. More recent months has shown that the mid term and even the 'fossilised' memory is affected (is that piano new? was my husband called George?). Spoken references are still clear and sel ...
- A study of side effects of Zioptan for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Cough
Comments: Dry cough started after starting Zioptan. Coughing started while I had a cold, and persisted after the cold resolved. Upper airway sometimes seems irritated, too. No shortness of breath. Chest x-ray normal.
- A study of drug interactions between Latanoprost, Timolol Maleate for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal
Comments: Sice 6 month ago, because of high pressure of my eyes,I visited eye specialist and after he checking my eyes, he found Glaucoma associated with high pressure in my two eyes. He gave the above mentioned eye drops and advised me to instill one drop of Timolol to each eye in the morning and 1 drop of L ...
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Simbrinza, Omeprazole, Albuterol Sulfate, Prilosec, Norco, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone for a patient with Joint Pain, Glaucoma, Acid Reflux, Asthma Late Onset, Crackles Lung, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Glaucoma Steroid-induced, Asthmatic Crisis, Steroid Withdrawal Syndrome
Comments: Steroid dependent asthmatic,sight deterioration after glaucoma surgery in both eyss.Joints deterioration i believe from steroids,Ehasted after walking 10 steps.Heart rate climbs to 160-170 after getting up and walking 10 steps.Sitting rate 110 bpm.Weight 220 height 5'10".weight was 180 before using ...
More related studies for: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.