Review: could Glaucoma cause Eye swelling?
Summary: Eye swelling could be caused by Glaucoma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take Xalatan.
We study 10,682 people who have Glaucoma from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Eye swelling. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
On Apr, 14, 2014: 10,682 people who have glaucoma are studied. Among them, 149 (1.39%) have Eye Swelling. They amount to 0.36% of all the 40,948 people who have Eye Swelling on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||79.19%||20.81% |
Age of people who have glaucoma and experienced Eye swelling * :
|Eye swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.83%||2.48%||14.05%||83.47% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye swelling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 8.72%)
- Dry eye (12 people, 8.05%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (9 people, 6.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 4.03%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 2.68%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Inflammation (4 people, 2.68%)
- Thyroid disorder (4 people, 2.68%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 2.68%)
- Urinary tract infection (3 people, 2.01%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Xalatan (95 people, 63.76%)
- Combigan (31 people, 20.81%)
- Latanoprost (26 people, 17.45%)
- Travatan (21 people, 14.09%)
- Alphagan p (10 people, 6.71%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 6.71%)
- Lumigan (9 people, 6.04%)
- Betoptic (8 people, 5.37%)
- Travatan z (8 people, 5.37%)
- Alphagan (7 people, 4.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Glaucoma, Eye swelling
You can also:
Common treatments for Glaucoma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Can lumigan cause rather sudden posterior capsule opacification in a patient with PCIOL
From this study (5 days ago):
5/325 every 4 hours as needed. 0-4 per day. Would like to stop taking this drug as my eye pressure has increased. Only take it if the pain is 10+++. Looking for Orthopedic Surgeon to fix the bulging disks.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Prescription anti histamines hardly did anything but montelukast has helped my daily severe conjucta and eye swelling, redness and watering and helped me avoid steriods for the first time since I was a child. Prescribed by an immunologist.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.