Glaucoma and Eye swelling - from FDA reports
Eye swelling is found among people with Glaucoma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Xalatan and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Eye swelling with Glaucoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 325 people who have Glaucoma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 17, 2017
325 people who have Glaucoma and Eye Swelling are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Glaucoma and experience Eye Swelling *:
- female: 76.66 %
- male: 23.34 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma and experience Eye Swelling *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.44 %
- 30-39: 0.44 %
- 40-49: 3.1 %
- 50-59: 11.95 %
- 60+: 84.07 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (28 people, 8.62%)
- Dry Eyes (23 people, 7.08%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (16 people, 4.92%)
- Intraocular Pressure Increased (15 people, 4.62%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 3.08%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xalatan (102 people, 31.38%)
- Combigan (46 people, 14.15%)
- Lumigan (41 people, 12.62%)
- Alphagan P (35 people, 10.77%)
- Latanoprost (28 people, 8.62%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Ocular Hyperaemia (144 people, 44.31%)
- Eye Pruritus (83 people, 25.54%)
- Eye Irritation (82 people, 25.23%)
- Eye Pain (61 people, 18.77%)
- Hypersensitivity (43 people, 13.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Eye swelling and Glaucoma?
- Check symptoms - is your eye swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEye swelling and Glaucoma from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol maleate, Latanoprost, Travatan z (latest reports from 32,176 Glaucoma patients)
Eye swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 18,137 Eye swelling patients).
Browse all symptoms of Glaucomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Eye swellingEye swelling
Other conditions that could case Eye swellingEye swelling
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 75 year old female, have glaucoma for 20 years , or let's say treated for that period of time. Have been on Latanoprost up to about 2 years ago. .then my Dr. referred me to a specialist as one eye had pressure of 26 and a small catatact. New Dr. put me on dorzolamide-timolol. brought ...
I have been on Xalatan and Asopt for over 10 yrs. I recently changed doctors and he stopped all drops 2 months ago. Within 5 days I developed severe headaches 3-4 days per wk. I have never suffered from headaches previously. My pressures are remaining in the low to mid 20s and he claims it has ...
I am a 53 year old female and was injured working with very violent, low functioning children with autism. After many surgeries I am now on disability. As many of you on disability and am chronic pain, I am so fed up with the "system". Either it be the government or doctors. It is so hard ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...