Would you have Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) when you have Gout?
Summary: Acid reflux is reported only by a few people with Gout.
We study 4 people who have Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) and Gout from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Acid reflux >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin. (latest reports from Gout 12,602 patients)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Acid reflux 10,551 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 4 people who have gout and Acid Reflux are studied.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have gout and experienced Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prostate cancer (2 people, 50.00%)
- Allergies (1 people, 25.00%)
- Fluid intake restriction (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood thinner (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood clot in the legs (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood pressure management (1 people, 25.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (3 people, 75.00%)
- Colcrys (3 people, 75.00%)
- Allopurinol (3 people, 75.00%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Metoprolol succinate (2 people, 50.00%)
- Amlodipine besylate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Losartan potassium (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hydralazine hydrochloride (1 people, 25.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Spironolactone (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout and Acid Reflux?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux and Gout
- support group for people who have Gout
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depression and frustration and then I realized that there must be something about this drug that was causing it and I quit taking it. I felt a definite difference when I quit taking it I was not quite so stressed didn't have anxiety I'm still withdrawing from it but I feel like I'm a whole lot better than I would not recommend this to anyone
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go for the surgery or should i continue taking the medicines. Please suggest.
Thanks & Regards
More questions for: Gout, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Gout, Acid reflux
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- I just started taking the Percocet and the Klonopin. I have taken Klonopin before and have never noticed the Acid Reflux. Whilst I have had Acid Reflux in the past, Omeprazole has always cleared it up if taken daily. Omeprazole and other medications like it are doing nothing, even with the addition ...
More related studies for: Gout, Acid reflux
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.