Review: could Gout cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
We study 7,046 people who have Gout from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Acid reflux >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 57,614 patients) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 45,639 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 7,045 people who have gout are studied. Among them, 4 (0.06%) have Acid Reflux.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have gout and experienced Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Prostate cancer (2 people, 50.00%)
- Allergies (1 people, 25.00%)
- Fluid intake restriction (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood thinner (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood clot in the legs (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood pressure management (1 people, 25.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (3 people, 75.00%)
- Colcrys (3 people, 75.00%)
- Allopurinol (3 people, 75.00%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Metoprolol succinate (2 people, 50.00%)
- Amlodipine besylate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Losartan potassium (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hydralazine hydrochloride (1 people, 25.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Spironolactone (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Acid Reflux and Gout
- group for people who have Gout
- group for people who have Acid Reflux
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
I have such arthritis pain. Could one of my medicines make my pain worse?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
More questions for: Gout, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Gout, Acid reflux
Common treatments for Gout and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Gout symptoms:
Acid Reflux related symptom studies:
Acid Reflux is also known as: GERD, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Gerds, Heartburn, Heartburn - chronic, Non-cardiac chest pain, Peptic esophagitis, Pyrosis, Reflux, Reflux esophagitis.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.