Gout and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people with Gout, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Allopurinol and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Gout. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 127 people who have Gout from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
127 people who have Gout and Acid Reflux are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout and experience Acid Reflux *:
- female: 27.27 %
- male: 72.73 %
Age of people who have Gout and experience Acid Reflux *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.8 %
- 50-59: 32.35 %
- 60+: 57.84 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (50 people, 39.37%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (40 people, 31.50%)
- Depression (20 people, 15.75%)
- Diabetes (16 people, 12.60%)
- Metastases To Bone (15 people, 11.81%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (55 people, 43.31%)
- Ambien (22 people, 17.32%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 15.75%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 15.75%)
- Nexium (19 people, 14.96%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Coronary Heart Disease (28 people, 22.05%)
- Stress And Anxiety (27 people, 21.26%)
- Dizziness (27 people, 21.26%)
- Pain (25 people, 19.69%)
- Joint Pain (25 people, 19.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux and Gout?
- Check symptoms - is your acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Gout from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gouta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
Other conditions that could case Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.