Would you have Chills when you have Gout?
Summary: Chills is found among people with Gout, especially people who are male, 40-49 old, also have Diabetes mellitus, and take medication Allopurinol.
We study 69 people who have Chills and Gout from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Chills >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin. (latest reports from Gout 12,602 patients)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Chills 45,468 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 69 people who have gout and Chills are studied.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Chills * :
Age of people who have gout and experienced Chills * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 15.94%)
- Pain (9 people, 13.04%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 8.70%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 8.70%)
- Headache (5 people, 7.25%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 7.25%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 7.25%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 7.25%)
- Asthma (5 people, 7.25%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (4 people, 5.80%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Allopurinol (38 people, 55.07%)
- Colchicine (11 people, 15.94%)
- Lasix (10 people, 14.49%)
- Clonazepam (9 people, 13.04%)
- Colcrys (8 people, 11.59%)
- Omeprazole (8 people, 11.59%)
- Zocor (8 people, 11.59%)
- Protonix (7 people, 10.14%)
- Plavix (7 people, 10.14%)
- Humira (6 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout and Chills?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Chills and Gout
- support group for people who have Gout
- support group for people who have Chills
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- Are there any otc medications that can ease stomach pain caused by the use of colchicine (1 answer)
My boyfriend has gout and with severe attacks he takes his prescribed Colchine.
He is experiencing severe stomach pain and now has chills. I suggested that he may have taken too much of it and now he just wants immediate relief of his stomach pain......any suggestions or feedback from anyone with gout using Colchicine would be appreciated .
- Females on diovan developing gout? (1 answer)
I recently suffered a gout attack for the first time in my life. I am 55, female and have no history of this condition in my family.
About a year ago my husband and I moved and my new doctor put me on this medication for pre-hypertension.
I have read mounting evidence that one major side effect of Diovan is elevated uric acid in the blood, which in turn can cause gout.
It was so incredibly painful that I never want to suffer a recurrence, but I don't want to take allopurinol as a preventive measure, as I have had two friends develop movement disorders (Parkinsons and dystonia) after taking it.
I would much rather find another effective blood pressure medication that doesn't cause gout. Anyone successfully switched medication?
- What can i take for gout if i'm on xarelto (1 answer)
I have been on xarelto for 2 months after having a pulmonary embolism. But i have had an attack of gout since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I discovered that both voltaren and celebrex which I have taken for gout in the past are not to be taken while on xarelto. So i desperately need to find something to relieve the pain that wont cause a problem with the xarelto. Help!!!
- Is pepcid ac a trigger for gout
Last week I started taking a pepcid ac on the fifth day I started to have gout symptoms. Now, a week later, after I stopped using the pepcid ac the gout symptoms are going away.
I want to know is pepcid ac a know trigger for gout. I know aspirin is and I had the same sort of gout symptoms a few years ago after taking an aspirin a day for about five days. After I stopped taking the aspirin the gout symptoms went away.
More questions for: Gout, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg (1 response)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have stopped taking these and am awaiting my next appt with my GP.
I do take Arcoxia with paracetemol for pain relief.
- Seizure disorder med problems (1 response)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of the 2nd week of switching I started the nightmares. I took a one hour nap and had a nightmare that seemed like it went on the entire time. Even if I slept for 20 minutes I had a dream or nightmare. I've sometimes been known to have vivid dreams but never this constant in my entire life. Also, very seldom do I have such terrible dreams. So many in one evening. They are an occasional thing, not an all night long thing.
Also, I have sinus trouble occasionally. The same day the nightmares began I got a terrible headache behind my one eye and under my eye. I have no drainage yet anyway. Not sure if this is during the start up of this medicine, but if I had known it could cause trouble with sinus I would never have started it.
I was put on this as a quick back up plan when the medicine we agreed upon - Levetireacetam made me feel drunk feeling and I had to be careful just walking around my homes and steps.
- Chills while on tizanidine
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Gout, Chills
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- I have been recently diagnosed with a urinary infection. I have been taking this medication for about 2 years. However, I also have a foul smelling discharge that has a yellowish beige color. I have taken 6 pills for the urinary infection with a name that starts with a C. (sorry, can't recall) ...
More related studies for: Gout, Chills
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.