Gout and Cystic acne - from FDA reports
Cystic acne is found among people with Gout, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, take medication Allopurinol and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Cystic acne with Gout. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20 people who have Gout from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
20 people who have Gout and Cystic Acne are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout and experience Cystic Acne *:
- female: 35 %
- male: 65 %
Age of people who have Gout and experience Cystic Acne *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 13.33 %
- 40-49: 6.67 %
- 50-59: 53.33 %
- 60+: 26.67 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 35.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 30.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 15.00%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 10.00%)
- Joint Pain (2 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (7 people, 35.00%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 15.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 15.00%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 10.00%)
- Folic Acid (2 people, 10.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Itching (5 people, 25.00%)
- Rashes (3 people, 15.00%)
- Cushingoid (3 people, 15.00%)
- Urticaria (2 people, 10.00%)
- Renal Tubular Necrosis (2 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cystic acne and Gout?
- Check symptoms - is your cystic acne caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCystic acne and Gout from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients)
Cystic acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin)) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 47,980 Cystic acne patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gouta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Cystic acneCystic acne
Other conditions that could case Cystic acneCystic acne
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hi! I'm 37 and have been on Lyrica for two months. My face is breaking out in acne really bad. It wouldn't be terrible if they were small but there huge!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
Last year I was diagnosed with AIDS, not HIV. Just last week my doctor told me that my AIDS turned back into HIV. At this rate my doctor tells me my HIV will go away completely and I'll have perfect health. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful and everything, but what the heck is happening to me? ...
You may be interested in these reviews
so this acne is on one side of my face my on my jawline. they keep forming , i had been off the medicine for a while and just started taking it about 3 weeks ago, it did clear up the last time but this is awful and embarrasing, they are under the skin acne and huge. smh help!!!
Hi im writing to say in 2015 i had neck surgery prior to this i went to a dr that really did not seem to care he put me on norco 325 and i recall i started getting skin issues pretty quick ,the dr blew it off , my. cyst acne was absolutely horrific, my face is now so scarred i dont like to be ...