Home > Gout > Itching > Gout and Itching
Review: could Gout cause Itching?
We study 7,060 people who have Gout from FDA and social media. Among them, 190 have Itching. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Itching >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 57,667 patients) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin.
Itching (latest reports from 545,989 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 7,060 people who have gout are studied. Among them, 188 (2.66%) have Itching.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Age of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (69 people, 36.70%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (34 people, 18.09%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 14.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (18 people, 9.57%)
- Blood pressure (16 people, 8.51%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 7.98%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (13 people, 6.91%)
- Cardiac disorder (13 people, 6.91%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (12 people, 6.38%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 6.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Allopurinol (153 people, 81.38%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 25.53%)
- Colchicine (37 people, 19.68%)
- Niaspan (34 people, 18.09%)
- Fish oil (26 people, 13.83%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 13.30%)
- Synthroid (21 people, 11.17%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 10.11%)
- Lasix (18 people, 9.57%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 9.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout and Itching?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Itching and Gout
- support group for people who have Gout
- support group for people who have Itching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
intermittent, no physical explanation, no rashes, no hives, etc.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
itching on shoulders and upper arms
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Gout, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Gout, Itching
Common treatments for Gout and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Gout symptoms:
Itching related symptom studies:
- Itching in Blood cholesterol abnormal (5,533 reports)
- Itching in Blood pressure (3,976 reports)
- Itching in Depression (1,989 reports)
- Itching in High density lipoprotein decreased (1,592 reports)
- Itching in Hypertension (4,402 reports)
- Itching in Ms (2,000 reports)
- Itching in Osteoporosis (1,567 reports)
- Itching in Pain (2,056 reports)
- Itching in Psoriasis (1,393 reports)
- Itching in Ra (3,272 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Tightness Or Pressure and Tramadol
- Chest Pain and Tramadol
- Seroquel and Bulimia
Recent user comments
- "itching around vagina and rectum, right ovary pain,cr ... " (2 hours ago)
- "If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizzines ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Took both last night and woke up in the middle of nig ... " (4 hours ago)
- Folic Acid