Would you have Itching when you have Gout?
Summary: Itching is found among people with Gout, especially people who are male, 40-49 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Allopurinol.
We study 190 people who have Itching and Gout from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Itching >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin. (latest reports from Gout 13,637 patients)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 188 people who have gout and Itching are studied.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Age of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (69 people, 36.70%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (34 people, 18.09%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 14.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (18 people, 9.57%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 7.98%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (13 people, 6.91%)
- Cardiac disorder (13 people, 6.91%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (12 people, 6.38%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 6.38%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 5.85%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Allopurinol (153 people, 81.38%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 25.53%)
- Colchicine (37 people, 19.68%)
- Niaspan (34 people, 18.09%)
- Fish oil (26 people, 13.83%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 13.30%)
- Synthroid (21 people, 11.17%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 10.11%)
- Lasix (18 people, 9.57%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 9.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout and Itching?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Itching and Gout
- support group for people who have Gout
- support group for people who have Itching
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Gout, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg (1 response)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have stopped taking these and am awaiting my next appt with my GP.
I do take Arcoxia with paracetemol for pain relief.
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincident with the rash, I have a persistent ache/pain in my lower forearm, wrist and hand that is responding weakly to Aleve and pretty much unresponsive to acetaminophen.
More reviews for: Gout, Itching
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
More related studies for: Gout, Itching
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.