Would you have Itching when you have Gout?
Summary: Itching is found among people with Gout, especially people who are male, 40-49 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Allopurinol.
We study 192 people who have Itching and Gout from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Itching >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin. (latest reports from 13,673 Gout patients)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,273 Itching patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 190 people who have gout and Itching are studied.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Age of people who have gout and experienced Itching * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (69 people, 36.32%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (34 people, 17.89%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 14.74%)
- Hypothyroidism (18 people, 9.47%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 7.89%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (13 people, 6.84%)
- Cardiac disorder (13 people, 6.84%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (12 people, 6.32%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 6.32%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 5.79%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Allopurinol (154 people, 81.05%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 25.26%)
- Colchicine (37 people, 19.47%)
- Niaspan (34 people, 17.89%)
- Fish oil (26 people, 13.68%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 13.16%)
- Synthroid (21 people, 11.05%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 10.00%)
- Lasix (18 people, 9.47%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 8.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gout and itching on
Do you have Gout and Itching?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Itching and Gout
- support group for people who have Gout
- support group for people who have Itching
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Recent Gout related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.