Gout and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people with Gout, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Allopurinol and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Gout. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 405 people who have Gout from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
405 people who have Gout and Itching are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout and experience Itching *:
- female: 34.25 %
- male: 65.75 %
Age of people who have Gout and experience Itching *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.64 %
- 30-39: 1.92 %
- 40-49: 8.01 %
- 50-59: 17.95 %
- 60+: 71.47 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (122 people, 30.12%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (85 people, 20.99%)
- Pain (43 people, 10.62%)
- Diabetes (41 people, 10.12%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (30 people, 7.41%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (172 people, 42.47%)
- Uloric (43 people, 10.62%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 8.64%)
- Synthroid (34 people, 8.40%)
- Niaspan (34 people, 8.40%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Rashes (133 people, 32.84%)
- Urticaria (52 people, 12.84%)
- Fatigue (39 people, 9.63%)
- Skin Blushing/flushing (32 people, 7.90%)
- Pain (31 people, 7.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching and Gout?
- Check symptoms - is your itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Gout from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 165,432 Itching patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gouta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ItchingItching
Other conditions that could case ItchingItching
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.