Review: could Gout cause Jaundice (Jaundice - yellow skin)?
We study 7,046 people who have Gout from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Jaundice (Jaundice - yellow skin). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Gout and Jaundice >>>
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 57,614 patients) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin.
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) (latest reports from 96,927 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 7,046 people who have gout are studied. Among them, 27 (0.38%) have Jaundice.
Gender of people who have gout and experienced Jaundice * :
Age of people who have gout and experienced Jaundice * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 29.63%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (6 people, 22.22%)
- Prostate cancer (3 people, 11.11%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 11.11%)
- Dyslipidaemia (2 people, 7.41%)
- Arterial disorder (2 people, 7.41%)
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 7.41%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 7.41%)
- Pain (2 people, 7.41%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (1 people, 3.70%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Allopurinol (13 people, 48.15%)
- Lasix (4 people, 14.81%)
- Uloric (4 people, 14.81%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 14.81%)
- Januvia (3 people, 11.11%)
- Colchicine (3 people, 11.11%)
- Tamsulosin hydrochloride (3 people, 11.11%)
- Cordarone (2 people, 7.41%)
- Pioglitazone hydrochloride (2 people, 7.41%)
- Nifedipine (2 people, 7.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout and Jaundice?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Jaundice and Gout
- group for people who have Gout
- group for people who have Jaundice
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
Stopped taking the drug after two years. Also diagnosed with elevated liver levels and fatty liver. Experiencing rapid weight loss and yellowing of the skin and eyes.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Gout, Jaundice
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Gout, Jaundice
Common treatments for Gout and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Gout symptoms:
Jaundice related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.