Gout and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people with Gout, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Allopurinol and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Gout. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 60 people who have Gout from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
60 people who have Gout and Shingles are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout and experience Shingles *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Gout and experience Shingles *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.89 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 13.21 %
- 50-59: 9.43 %
- 60+: 75.47 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (25 people, 41.67%)
- Primary Myelofibrosis (12 people, 20.00%)
- Iron Overload (10 people, 16.67%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 16.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 15.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (21 people, 35.00%)
- Vitamin D (15 people, 25.00%)
- Synthroid (13 people, 21.67%)
- Humira (11 people, 18.33%)
- Exjade (10 people, 16.67%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nasopharyngitis (14 people, 23.33%)
- Itching (14 people, 23.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 23.33%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (12 people, 20.00%)
- Gastroenteritis Viral (12 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Shingles and Gout?
- Check symptoms - is your shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and Gout from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,544 Shingles patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gouta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ShinglesShingles
Other conditions that could case ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
I have recently been diagnosed with cranial herpes zoster. During the prodromal stage, before the lesions became evident I experienced pain I my back where I had pain the last time I had shingles on my back and breast area. I also started having bladder pain. It feels like someone is ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 38 years old women and have had reoccurring shingles on my left arm for 10 months. I have excruciating pain in my hand, thumb & 1st finger. I have tried gabapetin (max dose)with tramadol and paracetamol for 3 months but still in pain. I am now taking tramadol & paracetamol & ibruprofen with ...
I am 24 and was put on fluconazole for 3 month due to foliculitis. I then decided to stop on my own due to it not working at all. About 1 month has passed by and I just found out that I now have shingles..
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.