Home > Heart disease > Swollen tongue > Heart disease and Swollen tongue
Would you have Swollen tongue when you have Heart disease?
Summary: Swollen tongue is found among people with Heart disease, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Cardiovascular disorder, and take medication Carvedilol.
We study 9 people who have Swollen tongue and Heart disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Heart disease and Swollen tongue >>>
Heart disease (latest reports from 69,059 patients) can be treated by Aspirin, Plavix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Carvedilol, Toprol-xl, Fish Oil.
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) (latest reports from 64,589 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 2,133 people who have heart disease are studied. Among them, 9 (0.42%) have Swollen Tongue.
Gender of people who have heart disease and experienced Swollen tongue * :
|Swollen tongue||3.23%||96.77% |
Age of people who have heart disease and experienced Swollen tongue * :
|Swollen tongue||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Cardiovascular disorder (9 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (9 people, 100.00%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 100.00%)
- Sedation (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 11.11%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 11.11%)
- Cardiac failure (1 people, 11.11%)
- Asthma (1 people, 11.11%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 11.11%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Carvedilol (9 people, 100.00%)
- Irbesartan (9 people, 100.00%)
- Simvastatin (9 people, 100.00%)
- Amlodipine (9 people, 100.00%)
- Zimovane (9 people, 100.00%)
- Furosemide (9 people, 100.00%)
- Rabeprazole sodium (9 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate (9 people, 100.00%)
- Co-codamol (6 people, 66.67%)
- Rabeprazole (5 people, 55.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Disease and Swollen Tongue?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Swollen Tongue and Heart disease
- support group for people who have Heart disease
- support group for people who have Swollen Tongue
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does alever r eact with metoprolol r\tartrate
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, HBP, High Blood Cholesterol, Arthritis, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Asa, Lipitor, Plavix, Vitamins, Amiloride Hydrochloride)
had open heart surgery with one bypass and one stent. I am scheduled for a right carotid cleaning.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Cardiovascular Disorder, Hypothyroidism, and takes Ranexa, Fenofibrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Vitamin D, Amlodipine Besylate, Bystolic, Colace)
I quit smoking about 7 years ago and now with being on all the meds I have gained so much weight. Would like to take the Garcinia Cambogia but warnings on the bottle say not to if you have Cardiovascular disease. I have had Cardiac Cath done twice and only once had areas opened with a balloon but no ...
- Ulcerated righthand underside of tongue towards the throat
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Heart Disease, Bronchiectasis, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML))
Open Heart Surgery triple bypass twice. 1983 and 1996
Gall Bladder removed.
- Breathlessness when doing light exercise
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Heart Disease, and takes Simvastatin)
was daignosed with arythmia a couple of years ago and given bisoprolol - this was followed by heart disease a year later although cardiologist only found 15% occlusion on angiogram. given simvastatin and felodopine at that stage too.
since then have become breathless when walking even 500 yards - ...
More questions for: Heart disease, Swollen tongue
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium)
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
More reviews for: Heart disease, Swollen tongue
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Megakaryocytes Abnormal, Erythropoiesis Abnormal, Md, Red Blood Cell Count
Comments: I currently have been diagnosed with bone marrow suppression or possibly MDS
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Norvasc, Plavix for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Coronary Artery Disease
Comments: I have Coronary Heart Disease and currently developed a sever red blood cell count. Thus far, it appears that MDS may be the cause
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Neck Pain, Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)
Comments: I got scratched by a cat two weeks ago but didn't bother me
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Xarelto, Lyrica, Accupril, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Heart Attack, Arterial Disorder, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease. The patient has Diverticulitis Intestinal, Heart Mri
Comments: Just checking if the Xarelto could have anything to do with spontaneous occurring diverticulitis within 1week of starting Xarelto.
More related studies for: Heart disease, Swollen tongue
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (42 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (52 minutes ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (2 hours ago)