Would you have Constipation when you have Hepatitis c?
Summary: Constipation is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Pain, and take medication Ribavirin.
We study 395 people who have Constipation and Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hepatitis c and Constipation >>>
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek. (latest reports from Hepatitis C 41,356 patients)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Constipation 80,049 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 395 people who have hepatitis c and Constipation are studied.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (43 people, 10.89%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 9.37%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 8.10%)
- Depression (30 people, 7.59%)
- Chronic hepatitis (16 people, 4.05%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 2.78%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (8 people, 2.03%)
- Antidepressant therapy (7 people, 1.77%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 1.52%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 1.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ribavirin (395 people, 100.00%)
- Peg-intron (352 people, 89.11%)
- Pegasys (319 people, 80.76%)
- Rebetol (186 people, 47.09%)
- Incivek (184 people, 46.58%)
- Ribasphere (119 people, 30.13%)
- Copegus (77 people, 19.49%)
- Ultram (55 people, 13.92%)
- Prozac (55 people, 13.92%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (38 people, 9.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Constipation?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Constipation and Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Constipation
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I don't want to get even more sick for using it when I'm not suppose to.
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passed out when getting dizzy. I of course said I had gotten too warm and was exhausted from work the previous week. The dizziness continued in the mornings & I passed out several more times. On May 1st, I passed out while putting my make-up on and hit my eye on the faucet and head on the tile floor, despite that I went to work thinking it would subside, it didn't. I went to the ER directly after work. They ran a B-met on me and my GFR was 11 and creatinine 3.95. They admitted me to a larger hospital for evaluation. While in there, they pumped me with fluids continuously, saying I had severe dehydration. My kidney function improved, my creatinine levels went back down to 1.34. After 5 days I was discharged and told to see a cardiologist and endo. The endo doc cancelled my appointment on the basis it was not his area. I had had a cortisol and ACTH testing which I guess was normal. I saw the cardiologist, who said it wasn't cardio. I had had an echocardiogram in the hospital and EKG monitoring. Cardio sent me to neurology, the PNRN did a basic neurological exam and drew blood for disease markers such as Lupus, sjorgens, hepatitis, ect. All disease markers came back negative, but my GFR was at 11 again and creatinine was 4.25, BUN 50 along with an elevated ACE level. They called me and said I sarcoidosis. I really don't have any of the primary S/S of this autoimmune disease. I don't know where to go from here, they are referring me to another neurologist at a bigger hospital. I can't live my normal life, can't walk on my feet due extreme pain and I pass out at least 2x a week, which is not good for my old body. My BP upon laying and sitting runs like 117/72, upon standing it drops to like 70/50-50/30. I am on 0.1 mg of florinef, I tried increasing it but then my legs swelled up for a gain of 23#. I talked to Mayo Clinic today and all there specialists are booked out thru December. I have to be able to work, I can't stay home any longer than September 8th! Please advise me!
- Topiramate and liver function
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out (3 responses)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career (lab director, Senior Microbiologist) since 1975.
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Constipation
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- After treatment with telaprivir for 12 wqeeks, and ribavirin for 24 weeks I lost the ability to see distances. I do not recall having difficulty before treatment, but it is quite noticiable now, and I reqire glasses - vision is 20/50 in both eyes. Could this be related to treatment, or the result of ...
- The symptoms listed above are from taking the carafate only. I have been on this for a week now taking it 3 times a day an hour before a meal at the same time daily. I feel bloated, constipated and am having a very hard stool then to diarrhea and it burns, I also feel as if gas is stuck in my abdome ...
- I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and ...
More related studies for: Hepatitis c, Constipation
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.