Home > Hepatitis c > Constipation > Hepatitis c and Constipation
Review: could Hepatitis c cause Constipation?
We study 30,028 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Among them, 395 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hepatitis c and Constipation >>>
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,501 patients) can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 30,028 people who have hepatitis c are studied. Among them, 395 (1.32%) have Constipation.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (43 people, 10.89%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 9.37%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 8.10%)
- Depression (30 people, 7.59%)
- Chronic hepatitis (16 people, 4.05%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 2.78%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (8 people, 2.03%)
- Antidepressant therapy (7 people, 1.77%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 1.52%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 1.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ribavirin (395 people, 100.00%)
- Peg-intron (352 people, 89.11%)
- Pegasys (319 people, 80.76%)
- Rebetol (186 people, 47.09%)
- Incivek (184 people, 46.58%)
- Ribasphere (119 people, 30.13%)
- Copegus (77 people, 19.49%)
- Ultram (55 people, 13.92%)
- Prozac (55 people, 13.92%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (38 people, 9.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Constipation?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Constipation and Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Have been taking acyclovir for 400g twice a day for 9 months and have had some changes in bowel habits. Could this be down to medication
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Topiramate and liver function
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Constipation
Common treatments for Hepatitis C and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hepatitis c symptoms:
- Anaemia in Hepatitis c (4,819 reports)
- Exhaustion in Hepatitis c (3,835 reports)
- Nausea in Hepatitis c (3,528 reports)
- Rashes in Hepatitis c (3,174 reports)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,815 reports)
- Fever in Hepatitis c (2,460 reports)
- Asthenia in Hepatitis c (2,438 reports)
- Weight Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,433 reports)
- Emesis in Hepatitis c (2,390 reports)
- Depression in Hepatitis c (2,267 reports)
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,366 reports)
- Constipation in High blood cholesterol (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,037 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,502 reports)
- Constipation in Myeloma - multiple (1,757 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,217 reports)
- Constipation in Stop smoking (1,725 reports)
- Constipation in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1,508 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.