Would you have Diarrhea when you have Hepatitis c?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Ribavirin.
We study 1,785 people who have Diarrhea and Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hepatitis c and Diarrhea >>>
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek. (latest reports from Hepatitis C 41,356 patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Diarrhea 137,983 patients)
On Nov, 21, 2014: 1,785 people who have hepatitis c and Diarrhea are studied.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (185 people, 10.36%)
- Depression (151 people, 8.46%)
- Insomnia (61 people, 3.42%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (60 people, 3.36%)
- Pain (57 people, 3.19%)
- Anxiety (57 people, 3.19%)
- Hiv infection (50 people, 2.80%)
- Hypothyroidism (46 people, 2.58%)
- Anaemia (45 people, 2.52%)
- Diarrhoea (41 people, 2.30%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ribavirin (1,785 people, 100.00%)
- Pegasys (1,734 people, 97.14%)
- Peg-intron (1,584 people, 88.74%)
- Incivek (911 people, 51.04%)
- Rebetol (728 people, 40.78%)
- Copegus (581 people, 32.55%)
- Ribasphere (399 people, 22.35%)
- Victrelis (185 people, 10.36%)
- Lisinopril (120 people, 6.72%)
- Lexapro (113 people, 6.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Diarrhea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Diarrhea, and takes Aloe Vera Gel)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i drank the aloe Vera gel.
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Diarrhea, and takes Coumadin)
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one year so I offered to do there (the pain clinic) plan with a happy heart just after my liver stuff was done. So I went to LA only to find that the liver lab spent just 2 minutes with me to tell me that since I'VE have to wait a new liver drug to be approved I must do the pain clinic. So in six weeks I went from 200mg (5x4 per day) of methidone to 40mg (1 tab x 4 per day), and in just one week it was Oxycodone 40mg x 4 per day to 0. And all of this isij happening my liver gets more serroscised.
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please! (1 answer)
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
I tried low dose of corticosteroides,colifoam but nothing seems to be working,so I am desperate.
Now for a two and a half months I have been using Imuran(Azathioprine).Can you tell is it going to help me, or should I try something else.
Please!Can somebody help me?
Thank you in advance.
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Topiramate and liver function
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Hepatitis C)
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Fatigue, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea, Impaired Healing, Liver Pain, Diarrhea, Hair Thinning, Liver Pain, Skin Atrophy, and takes Isoniazid)
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Hepatitis c, Diarrhea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.