Review: could Hepatitis c cause Diarrhea?
We study 30,023 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,785 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: get help anytime and anywhere for people who have Hepatitis c and Diarrhea >>>
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,453 patients) is typically treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,101,593 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Jul, 23, 2014: 30,023 people who have hepatitis c are studied. Among them, 1,785 (5.95%) have Diarrhea. They amount to 0.16% of all the 1,107,914 people who have Diarrhea on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (185 people, 10.36%)
- Depression (151 people, 8.46%)
- Insomnia (61 people, 3.42%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (60 people, 3.36%)
- Pain (57 people, 3.19%)
- Anxiety (57 people, 3.19%)
- Hiv infection (50 people, 2.80%)
- Hypothyroidism (46 people, 2.58%)
- Anaemia (45 people, 2.52%)
- Prophylaxis (37 people, 2.07%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ribavirin (1,785 people, 100.00%)
- Pegasys (1,734 people, 97.14%)
- Peg-intron (1,584 people, 88.74%)
- Incivek (911 people, 51.04%)
- Rebetol (728 people, 40.78%)
- Copegus (581 people, 32.55%)
- Ribasphere (399 people, 22.35%)
- Victrelis (185 people, 10.36%)
- Lisinopril (120 people, 6.72%)
- Lexapro (113 people, 6.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Diarrhea and Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Diarrhea
Common treatments for Hepatitis C and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Topiramate and liver function
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Diarrhea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.