Home > Hepatitis c > Hyperthyroidism > Hepatitis c and Hyperthyroidism
Review: could Hepatitis c cause Hyperthyroidism?
We study 30,028 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Hyperthyroidism. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hepatitis c and Hyperthyroidism >>>
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,501 patients) can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek.
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) (latest reports from 30,979 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 30,025 people who have hepatitis c are studied. Among them, 202 (0.67%) have Hyperthyroidism.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Hyperthyroidism * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Hyperthyroidism * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (14 people, 6.93%)
- Hiv infection (12 people, 5.94%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 5.94%)
- Hypothyroidism (12 people, 5.94%)
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 2.97%)
- Headache (5 people, 2.48%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 1.49%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 0.99%)
- Neutropenia (2 people, 0.99%)
- Thyroiditis (2 people, 0.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Rebetol (170 people, 84.16%)
- Ribavirin (155 people, 76.73%)
- Peg-intron (143 people, 70.79%)
- Pegasys (110 people, 54.46%)
- Copegus (65 people, 32.18%)
- Intron a (42 people, 20.79%)
- Methimazole (15 people, 7.43%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (15 people, 7.43%)
- Bactrim (12 people, 5.94%)
- Truvada (12 people, 5.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Hyperthyroidism?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Hyperthyroidism and Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and can't find a way to relieve the pain. It does sometimes seem to be worse through out the day and I have not been as active physicslly.. do I am unsure of the cause. Also I get eye pain and pressure again am unsure of the cause ad it is new to me. Seen an eye doctor and he said everything was good thinking it's dry eye. The drops do little or nothing at all.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I was on Effexor 225mg for 3 years now I take 150mg moclobimide twice a day. I stopped Effexor and lithium together when it was supposed that it could have caused serotonin syndrome. Thank you
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Hyperthyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Topiramate and liver function
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Hyperthyroidism
Common treatments for Hepatitis C and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hepatitis c symptoms:
- Anaemia in Hepatitis c (4,819 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Hepatitis c (3,835 reports)
- Nausea in Hepatitis c (3,528 reports)
- Rash in Hepatitis c (3,174 reports)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,815 reports)
- Hyperthermia in Hepatitis c (2,460 reports)
- Weakness in Hepatitis c (2,439 reports)
- Weight Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,433 reports)
- Upset Stomach in Hepatitis c (2,390 reports)
- Antidepressant Therapy in Hepatitis c (2,226 reports)
Hyperthyroidism related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.