Would you have Hyperthyroidism when you have Hepatitis c?
Summary: Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Rebetol.
We study 202 people who have Hyperthyroidism and Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hepatitis c and Hyperthyroidism >>>
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek. (latest reports from Hepatitis C 41,356 patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Hyperthyroidism 7,518 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 202 people who have hepatitis c and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Hyperthyroidism * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Hyperthyroidism * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (14 people, 6.93%)
- Hiv infection (12 people, 5.94%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 5.94%)
- Hypothyroidism (12 people, 5.94%)
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 2.97%)
- Headache (5 people, 2.48%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 1.49%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 0.99%)
- Neutropenia (2 people, 0.99%)
- Thyroiditis (2 people, 0.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Rebetol (170 people, 84.16%)
- Ribavirin (155 people, 76.73%)
- Peg-intron (143 people, 70.79%)
- Pegasys (110 people, 54.46%)
- Copegus (65 people, 32.18%)
- Intron a (42 people, 20.79%)
- Methimazole (15 people, 7.43%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (15 people, 7.43%)
- Bactrim (12 people, 5.94%)
- Truvada (12 people, 5.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Hyperthyroidism?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism and Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Hepatitis c
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help overactive thyroid?
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Overactive Thyroid, and takes Aphanizomenon Flos-aquae)
can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help Overactive thyroid? i got 14 year female that have Overactive thyroid and easy to get tired.
If her condition tired she got alot of pimple and very weak.
I got aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera to helping her. but not sure if t ...
- Can venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) cause hyperthyroidism in elderly women?
(Asked by a 91 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, and takes Effexor)
She was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease in her 40s and treated with thyroid supplements until her mid 80s. After taking Effexor for more than one year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 88.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- What interactions have been reported while taking lisinopri 5lmg; amlodipine besylate 5mg; and matopril tartrate 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypertension,, Hyperthyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levoxyl, Livalo, Zetia, Effient, Folic Acid, Omega-3, Centrum Silver, Aspirin)
trying to determine if the above list of drugs are safely taken on a daily bases and if any interact causing adverse symptoms. recently had severe episodes of chest pain,test resulted in no heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
Am concerned medications could be causing my symptoms
- Does losartan cause frequent urinating, sluggishness and weaknesss? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Depression, and takes Losartan, Wellbutrin Xl, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I have developed prescription induced hyperthyroid.I have since developed hypertension, wasting muscle, rapid heart beat, weight loss.I have been placed on Losartan-75mg. I now get up 4 to 5 times a night to urinate. My dr. doesn't think its the Losartan however I do. I am also more depressed and le ...
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Hyperthyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Topiramate and liver function
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Hepatitis C)
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Hyperthyroidism
- A study of side effects of Vx-950 for a patient with Hepatitis C. The patient has Myopia (difficult to see objects that are far away)
Comments: After treatment with telaprivir for 12 wqeeks, and ribavirin for 24 weeks I lost the ability to see distances. I do not recall having difficulty before treatment, but it is quite noticiable now, and I reqire glasses - vision is 20/50 in both eyes. Could this be related to treatment, or the result of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amphetamine Salt Combo, Ribasphere, Sovaldi for a patient with ADHD, Hepatitis C. The patient has Eye Pain, Neck Swelling, Tension Headaches, Neck Pain
Comments: I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ribavirin, Pegasys for a patient with Hepatitis C. The patient has Throat - Sore, Anemia, Weight Loss, Body Temperature
Comments: After completion of Hepatitis C treatment the above symptoms started getting better but she got pneumonia and hospitalized (plural effusion and mild pericardial effusion)in the last of third month (after cessation of Hep C therapy). Her Anti-dsDNA was 1334 and ANA was 1.59(normal range (as per Lab) ...
- A study of side effects of Incivek for a patient with Hepatitis C. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: After treatment for Hepatitis C Using triple therapy (Interferon, Ribaviran, and Incivek) I seem to have a significant drop in the quality of life. I had NO liver damage, a low viral load, and had never been treated before. I had the virus for less than 5 years before treating. I have severe fati ...
More related studies for: Hepatitis c, Hyperthyroidism
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.