Review: could Hepatitis c cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia could be caused by Hepatitis c, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take Ribavirin.
We study 30,020 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,709 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
On Apr, 11, 2014: 30,019 people who have hepatitis c are studied. Among them, 1,709 (5.69%) have Insomnia. They amount to 0.22% of all the 786,911 people who have Insomnia on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Insomnia * :
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Insomnia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (165 people, 9.65%)
- Hypertension (75 people, 4.39%)
- Anxiety (63 people, 3.69%)
- Pain (55 people, 3.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 1.40%)
- Back pain (23 people, 1.35%)
- Blood pressure (20 people, 1.17%)
- Diabetes mellitus (18 people, 1.05%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 1.05%)
- Hiv infection (15 people, 0.88%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ribavirin (1,709 people, 100.00%)
- Peg-intron (1,461 people, 85.49%)
- Pegasys (1,378 people, 80.63%)
- Rebetol (810 people, 47.40%)
- Copegus (569 people, 33.29%)
- Incivek (415 people, 24.28%)
- Ribasphere (385 people, 22.53%)
- Xanax (167 people, 9.77%)
- Intron a (136 people, 7.96%)
- Zoloft (126 people, 7.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Hepatitis c, Insomnia
You can also:
Common treatments for Hepatitis C and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 hours ago):
on 3L 02 by nasal cannula for severe aortic stenosis and severe mitral stenosis
From this study (3 days ago):
This is a new med, given in place of keppra xl
From this study (5 days ago):
My husband came down with cancer during his Hepstitis C treatment with Incivek, Pegusys Interferon and riboviron. We want to know if any of this drugs would have caused this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.