Review: could Hepatitis c cause Interstitial lung disease?
We study 30,025 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA and social media. Among them, 251 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,471 patients) can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek.
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease (latest reports from 118,491 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 30,025 people who have hepatitis c are studied. Among them, 251 (0.84%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Gender of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Interstitial lung disease * :
|Interstitial lung disease||34.15%||65.85% |
Age of people who have hepatitis c and experienced Interstitial lung disease * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.48%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.91%||10.77%||31.10%||55.98% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (27 people, 10.76%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 9.16%)
- Insomnia (12 people, 4.78%)
- Adverse event (11 people, 4.38%)
- Depression (11 people, 4.38%)
- Pain (10 people, 3.98%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 3.19%)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (6 people, 2.39%)
- Migraine with aura (6 people, 2.39%)
- Sedation (6 people, 2.39%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Rebetol (215 people, 85.66%)
- Peg-intron (211 people, 84.06%)
- Pegasys (115 people, 45.82%)
- Ribavirin (115 people, 45.82%)
- Copegus (57 people, 22.71%)
- Urso 250 (50 people, 19.92%)
- Intron a (49 people, 19.52%)
- Aldactone (44 people, 17.53%)
- Lasix (44 people, 17.53%)
- Prilosec (26 people, 10.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C and Interstitial Lung Disease?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease and Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Hepatitis c
- group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
I have a herniated disc in my lower back since I was 12. I've hard shoulder pain most of my adult life and neck stiffness but no bulging disc nor herniated disc had been found in my neck. Since starting theSr medications my conditioned has become so bad I don't have to be doing any kind of work and can't find a way to relieve the pain. It does sometimes seem to be worse through out the day and I have not been as active physicslly.. do I am unsure of the cause. Also I get eye pain and pressure again am unsure of the cause ad it is new to me. Seen an eye doctor and he said everything was good thinking it's dry eye. The drops do little or nothing at all.
From this study (2 months ago):
After completion of Hepatitis C treatment the above symptoms started getting better but she got pneumonia and hospitalized (plural effusion and mild pericardial effusion)in the last of third month (after cessation of Hep C therapy). Her Anti-dsDNA was 1334 and ANA was 1.59(normal range (as per Lab) was <1.5), C3,C4 and ENA titers were all in normal ranges.Now she is being given Steriods (Deltacortril) and HCQ 200 which has been tapered down to one tablet of Deltacortril(prednisolone) on alternate day and one tablet HCQ daily. Presently she is having Uriticaria otherwise she is fine.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hepatitis c, Interstitial lung disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Topiramate and liver function
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Hepatitis c, Interstitial lung disease
Common treatments for Hepatitis C and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hepatitis c symptoms:
- Anaemia in Hepatitis c (4,819 reports)
- Tiredness in Hepatitis c (3,835 reports)
- Nausea in Hepatitis c (3,528 reports)
- Skin Lesion in Hepatitis c (3,174 reports)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,815 reports)
- Fever in Hepatitis c (2,460 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Hepatitis c (2,439 reports)
- Weight Decreased in Hepatitis c (2,433 reports)
- Stomach Upset in Hepatitis c (2,390 reports)
- Depression in Hepatitis c (2,226 reports)
Interstitial Lung Disease related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.