Hepatitis c and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, take medication Ribavirin and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Hyperthyroidism with Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 262 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
262 people who have Hepatitis C and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- female: 73.11 %
- male: 26.89 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- 0-1: 0.48 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.96 %
- 20-29: 7.66 %
- 30-39: 13.88 %
- 40-49: 28.23 %
- 50-59: 32.06 %
- 60+: 16.75 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Depression (6 people, 2.29%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 1.91%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 1.53%)
- Hiv Infection (3 people, 1.15%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 1.15%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Ribavirin (94 people, 35.88%)
- Rebetol (88 people, 33.59%)
- Pegasys (75 people, 28.63%)
- Peg-Intron (59 people, 22.52%)
- Copegus (37 people, 14.12%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (49 people, 18.70%)
- Hypothyroidism (47 people, 17.94%)
- Fatigue (35 people, 13.36%)
- Anaemia (35 people, 13.36%)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (34 people, 12.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism and Hepatitis c?
- Check symptoms - is your hyperthyroidism caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperthyroidism and Hepatitis c from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek, Pegintron (latest reports from 106,193 Hepatitis c patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hepatitis ca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism
Other conditions that could case HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and prescribed Methimazole. I am now experiencing (what seems to be) a urinary tract infection. Trying to get in to see another doctor. Is this normal with taking Methimazole? I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems as if these recent meds that I ...
I was prescribed pantoprazole recently and I started taking it along with levothyroxine 30 minutes before eating or taking anything else. I have noticed that I am very sleepy and can sleep for most of the day and not have enough. Is it possible that the pantoprazole has made the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
37 y.o. and 10m on Concerta XL. Thyroid problems as a child. Pseudogout symptoms have began 2 months with hot knees, thumbs and index fingers. Feel absolutely awful now. Have just realised that been drinking milk by a gallon each day, mainly to calm constant heartburn ... Textbook ...
Just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism after extensive investigations into why I developed dystharia and muscle weakness in muscles that control speech. Trying to understand what the underlying cause may be.
Hi, I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis recently. My consultant was baffled. I never smoked all my life but I do have Hepatitis C for the last 40 years. I have recently been treated, hopefully successfully, for HepC. I wonder has anyone else been similarly affected with both diseases.