Hepatitis c and Interstitial lung disease - from FDA reports
Interstitial lung disease is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Rebetol and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Interstitial lung disease with Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 288 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
288 people who have Hepatitis C and Interstitial Lung Disease are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Interstitial Lung Disease *:
- female: 37.64 %
- male: 62.36 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Interstitial Lung Disease *:
- 0-1: 0.4 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.98 %
- 40-49: 10.71 %
- 50-59: 29.76 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 6.60%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 3.82%)
- Depression (7 people, 2.43%)
- Prostate Cancer (6 people, 2.08%)
- Hyperuricaemia (6 people, 2.08%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Rebetol (103 people, 35.76%)
- Pegasys (74 people, 25.69%)
- Peg-Intron (65 people, 22.57%)
- Ribavirin (61 people, 21.18%)
- Copegus (31 people, 10.76%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fever (35 people, 12.15%)
- Thrombocytopenia (28 people, 9.72%)
- Cough (27 people, 9.38%)
- Anaemia (27 people, 9.38%)
- Breathing Difficulty (22 people, 7.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Interstitial lung disease and Hepatitis c?
- Check symptoms - is your interstitial lung disease caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInterstitial lung disease and Hepatitis c from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek, Pegintron (latest reports from 106,193 Hepatitis c patients)
Interstitial Lung Disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, lung cancer - non-small cell, breast cancer (latest reports from 30,952 Interstitial lung disease patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hepatitis ca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease
Other conditions that could case Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE CAUSED BY ANY MEDS? I SUSPECT NAPROXEN AND/OR INVOKANA. PARTICULARLY INTERESTED TO FIND OUT IF ANYONE WHO HAS DIABETES AND DEVELOPED INTERSTITAL LUNG DISEASE HAS FOUND ANY MEDS TO HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE.
You may be interested in these reviews
I just found out a few weeks ago, that I have severe chronic interstitial lung diasese. Peter to that, for months I was nauseous , super tired & glued to my bed. Well the nausea has got worst & I need someone's help. Thanks Don
I was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease and put on oxygen and prednisone a year ago. Pulmonologist has started me on infliximab infusions. Anybody else using infliximab for treatment and getting any positive results (or negative)?
I am 74 yrs old and have been taking Lipitor (atorvastatin 10 mg) and Norvasc (amlodipine besylate 10 mg) for 18 years on my doctors advice to manage mild cholesterol and blood pressure numbers. I am now diagnosed with interstitial lung disease which currently causes shortness of breath and ...
I have been taking Prilosec regularly for nearly 10 years for severe GERD. I Turned 70 in Sep. (2016) and while vacuuming I lifted the end of my sofa and heard a pop which was a lumbar spinal compression fracture. Earlier last year I suffered from a severe vit D3 deficiency. My level was 19 and ...