Hepatitis c and Osteoporosis - from FDA reports
Osteoporosis is found among people with Hepatitis c, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, take medication Ribavirin and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Osteoporosis with Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 63 people who have Hepatitis c from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 08, 2017
63 people who have Hepatitis C and Osteoporosis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Osteoporosis *:
- female: 62.07 %
- male: 37.93 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis C and experience Osteoporosis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.38 %
- 40-49: 27.66 %
- 50-59: 53.19 %
- 60+: 12.77 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (7 people, 11.11%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 7.94%)
- Indigestion (4 people, 6.35%)
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 4.76%)
- Gastric Ulcer (3 people, 4.76%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Ribavirin (23 people, 36.51%)
- Rebetol (17 people, 26.98%)
- Peg-Intron (17 people, 26.98%)
- Nexium (11 people, 17.46%)
- Pegasys (9 people, 14.29%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (16 people, 25.40%)
- Anaemia (12 people, 19.05%)
- Taste - Impaired (11 people, 17.46%)
- Depression (10 people, 15.87%)
- Multiple Fractures (9 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Osteoporosis and Hepatitis c?
- Check symptoms - is your osteoporosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOsteoporosis and Hepatitis c from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hepatitis c can be treated by Ribavirin, Pegasys, Peginterferon, Incivek, Pegintron (latest reports from 106,193 Hepatitis c patients)
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 182,295 Osteoporosis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hepatitis ca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause OsteoporosisOsteoporosis
Other conditions that could case OsteoporosisOsteoporosis
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am looking for anybody that has CML and has used Forteo to treat bone density loss. My Cml is in remission with the use of Sprycel. However I have had some bone density loss resulting in compression fractures. Forteo seems to be the medicine of choice but we cannot find any data on a CML ...
You may be interested in these reviews
So after two yrs I was told by doctor to take a bone drug proliva, however it did not agree with me , I was sick to stomach and had achs and pains too . decided to go the natural route and started a healthy diet plan and lots of bone healthy foods foods with K2 and also very important weight ...
Help...I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis of the spine with fractures. I am in a lot pain...and I have taken take protonix for over 10 yrs... Any suggestion on treatment ...all the doctors want to do is push pain meds at me..
Hi there, I wonder if anyone who took herceptin has been diagnosed with osteoporosis? I have just been diagnosed and prescribed Fosamax by my primary care physician. I have not started the medication yet until I see my oncologist for my three month checkup.