Review: could Herpes simplex cause Angioedema?
We study 1,933 people who have Herpes simplex from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Angioedema. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Herpes simplex and Angioedema >>>
Herpes simplex (latest reports from 25,968 patients) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Zovirax, Famciclovir.
Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis) (latest reports from 59,042 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes.
On Aug, 15, 2014: 1,932 people who have herpes simplex are studied. Among them, 2 (0.10%) have Angioedema. They amount to 0.00% of all the 58,994 people who have Angioedema on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have herpes simplex and experienced Angioedema * :
Age of people who have herpes simplex and experienced Angioedema * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 50.00%)
- Nausea (1 people, 50.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (1 people, 50.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Metformin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Actos (1 people, 50.00%)
- Januvia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Prilosec (1 people, 50.00%)
- Compazine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Famvir (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 50.00%)
- Remeron (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Angioedema and Herpes simplex
- group for people who have Herpes simplex
- group for people who have Angioedema
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc.
From this study (1 month ago):
Trying to determine if Motrin is the cause of the reaction.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How long before atenolol caused angioedema
I was taking lisonpril when I had an episode of angioedema that required transport to emergency room. Doctor switch me to altenolol September 17th.
Started atenolol on September 18th. developed Hives, prescribed presnisone and benadral. stopped after 10 days, the hives came back and last night a sl ...
- I have severe bone pain and am taking femara. even when i am not on the drug, the bone pain does not go away. is it possible that the femara is triggering internal herpes outbreaks causing this pain?
For the past eight months, I have been experiencing severe bone pain, not joint pain, but bone pain that causes me to feel the marrow in my bones is smoldering. I have tremendous amounts of fatigue in addition to genital herpes. I am only taking Femara, Vitamin D and Calcium per the Oncologist orde ...
- Can angiodema or the tablets used to treat the condition,fexofenadine hydrochloride be the cause of minor,yet constant nose bleeding
the nose bleeds are very minor,basically just a thin trickle,but it seems to be constant. the chlorphenamine are only taken during an attack but the fexofenadine are taken 1 daily
More questions for: Herpes simplex, Angioedema
More reviews for: Herpes simplex, Angioedema
Common treatments for Herpes Simplex and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Herpes simplex symptoms:
Angioedema related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.