Home > Herpes zoster > Thrombocytopenia > Herpes zoster and Thrombocytopenia
Would you have Thrombocytopenia when you have Herpes zoster?
Summary: Thrombocytopenia is found among people with Herpes zoster, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Pain, and take medication Valtrex.
We study 60 people who have Thrombocytopenia and Herpes zoster from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Herpes zoster and Thrombocytopenia >>>
Herpes zoster (latest reports from 22,684 patients) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Lyrica, Valacyclovir, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride.
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) (latest reports from 57,565 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 6,567 people who have herpes zoster are studied. Among them, 60 (0.91%) have Thrombocytopenia.
Gender of people who have herpes zoster and experienced Thrombocytopenia * :
Age of people who have herpes zoster and experienced Thrombocytopenia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (13 people, 21.67%)
- Prophylaxis (13 people, 21.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 16.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 16.67%)
- Emphysema (9 people, 15.00%)
- Cerebral infarction (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (8 people, 13.33%)
- Blister (7 people, 11.67%)
- Lymphoma (6 people, 10.00%)
- Cancer pain (6 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Valtrex (27 people, 45.00%)
- Acyclovir (24 people, 40.00%)
- Pravastatin sodium (14 people, 23.33%)
- Famotidine (12 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 20.00%)
- Dexamethasone (11 people, 18.33%)
- Clarithromycin (9 people, 15.00%)
- Theophylline (9 people, 15.00%)
- Diclofenac sodium (9 people, 15.00%)
- Glimepiride (8 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Herpes Zoster and Thrombocytopenia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia and Herpes zoster
- support group for people who have Herpes zoster
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Shingles)
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Herpes Zoster, and takes Prolia)
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........low ...
- Can shingles result in unilateral ptosis, ear pain and swallowing issues? i get recurring shingles on my face every 2 or 3 weeks.
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Shingles)
I have recurring shingles on my forehead and jaw about every 3 weeks on the right side for the last 15 years. Over the last year I've developed unilateral partial ptosis, sensor I neural hearing loss with ear pain and a sort of delay in swallowing all on the opposite side. I am wondering if they are ...
- Severe leg pain with waling or movement also weakness is this related to tendon damage from valacyclovir?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir)
Also taking oral transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for intrapped femerol nerve from
pelvic bone lesions. Many allergies to medications
- I have shingles. been on valacyclovir 500mg, 6 pills daily, for 5 days, and haven't noticed any imrovement. is this normal?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Herpes Zoster, and takes Valacyclovir)
Was diagnosed with shingles 5 days ago, but about a week after the first signs, which, at the time, I didn't know were early shingles signs. They started with a dull aching pain on the right side of my abdomen, followed a few days later by the gradual appearance of rash. About 4 days after rash st ...
More questions for: Herpes zoster, Thrombocytopenia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Herpes zoster, Thrombocytopenia
- A study of side effects of Acyclovir for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Blisters (small pockets of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure), Burn From The Sun
Comments: While taking Acyclovir for 4 days notice my skin was getting red and swollen with rashes all over my neck and chest. Stop the use of the medication but the symptoms got worst and after 2 months off the medication I still get sun rash if expose to the sun for a few minutes.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Valacyclovir for a patient with Pain, Shingles. The patient has Testicular Pain
Comments: Shortly after completing a course of valacyclovir for shingles along with ibuprofen for the accompanying pain, I began feeling mild testicular pain in my left testicle which is the side that was affected by the shingles. I still have some residual nerve pain on the areas where the rash was but the r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a patient with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
Comments: The most annoying was cough and I keep coughing till I get birth with my litle dead girl cough is just gone
I was 24 weeks when she suddenly stopped moving and doctor said there is no pulse
now I am pregnant again with same symptoms
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: The taste is so bad that it can turn my stomach. I have been told to stay
on the drug due to having a very bad case of shingles in the ear and mouth.
Will it go away when I am off the medication
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir for a patient with Herpes Zoster. The patient has Tremor, Insomnia, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: The tremors/shakiness are intermittent. It is possible I could have had a constant shingles outbreak for over 7 yrs now due to my severely suppressed immune system. It takes me several weeks to be able to recover from these symptoms once treatment is stopped. However, I'm not sure if there will be i ...
More related studies for: Herpes zoster, Thrombocytopenia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.