Would you have Thrombocytopenia when you have Herpes zoster?
Summary: Thrombocytopenia is found among people with Herpes zoster, especially people who are male, 30-39 old, also have Pain, and take medication Valtrex.
We study 60 people who have Thrombocytopenia and Herpes zoster from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Herpes zoster and Thrombocytopenia >>>
Herpes zoster can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Lyrica, Valacyclovir, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride. (latest reports from 22,699 Herpes Zoster patients)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, pain. (latest reports from 57,595 Thrombocytopenia patients)
On Feb, 1, 2015: 60 people who have herpes zoster and Thrombocytopenia are studied.
Gender of people who have herpes zoster and experienced Thrombocytopenia * :
Age of people who have herpes zoster and experienced Thrombocytopenia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (13 people, 21.67%)
- Prophylaxis (13 people, 21.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 16.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 16.67%)
- Emphysema (9 people, 15.00%)
- Cerebral infarction (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (8 people, 13.33%)
- Blister (7 people, 11.67%)
- Lymphoma (6 people, 10.00%)
- Cancer pain (6 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Valtrex (27 people, 45.00%)
- Acyclovir (24 people, 40.00%)
- Pravastatin sodium (14 people, 23.33%)
- Famotidine (12 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 20.00%)
- Dexamethasone (11 people, 18.33%)
- Clarithromycin (9 people, 15.00%)
- Theophylline (9 people, 15.00%)
- Diclofenac sodium (9 people, 15.00%)
- Glimepiride (8 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Herpes Zoster and Thrombocytopenia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia and Herpes zoster
- support group for people who have Herpes zoster
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Exforge for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Hypertension. The patient has The More I Stay Idel The More I Feel Better, Aging Changes In The Face, Sometimes Encountring Little Difficulty To Urinate After Waking Up In The Morning, Pain - Shoulder, Eyes - Dry, Feel Very Tired For A Day Or Two If I Lift Heavy Weight, Waking Up After The First One Hour Or Two Of Sleep At Night And Needing Rtwo To Tre Hours Afterwards To Sleep, Fluctuation Of Apitite Some Times Very Hungry Sometime No Apetite At All, Sinusitis Bacterial, Morning-after Pill, Slow Heart Beat, Swelling Of The Face, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Easy Bruzing Sometimes, Burning Sensation, Generally Poor Lipido And Hard To Get An Erection And Sustaining It, Fluid Imbalance, Ear Continuous Noise, Night Sweats, Ear Pain, Physical Activity, Joint Pain, Low Platelet Count, Wbc Count
- A study of side effects of Acyclovir for a 47-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Blisters (small pockets of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure), Burn From The Sun
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Valacyclovir for a 51-year old man with Pain, Shingles. The patient has Testicular Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a 31-year old woman with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 69-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Recent Herpes Zoster related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.