Home > Hiatal hernia > Flatulence > Hiatal hernia and Flatulence
Review: could Hiatal hernia cause Flatulence?
We study 1,875 people who have Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Flatulence. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Flatulence >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) (latest reports from 101,899 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole.
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) (latest reports from 121,448 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,875 people who have hiatal hernia are studied. Among them, 18 (0.96%) have Flatulence.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Flatulence * :
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Flatulence * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (18 people, 100.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 27.78%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 27.78%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 22.22%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (4 people, 22.22%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 22.22%)
- Gout (4 people, 22.22%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 22.22%)
- Dyspepsia (4 people, 22.22%)
- Total lung capacity decreased (4 people, 22.22%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nexium (14 people, 77.78%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 27.78%)
- Prilosec otc (5 people, 27.78%)
- Pradaxa (5 people, 27.78%)
- Pepcid (5 people, 27.78%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 22.22%)
- Precose (4 people, 22.22%)
- Ramipril (4 people, 22.22%)
- Premarin (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lovaza (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Flatulence?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Flatulence and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Flatulence
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms continue.
From this study (1 month ago):
feeling in stomach is horrible. Like its dry, deep and very uncomfortable
From this study (1 month ago):
Mild/moderate flatulence when going to the toilet when at home - noisy enough to be embarrassing. While staying with my daughter and family the bloating and flatulence increased greatly - probably not helped by the toilets being beside their bedroom and beside the kitchen so I was extra anxious about making awful and prolonged noises and hardly ate or drank. On return home I read the side-effects on the Lansaprazole leaflet, and saw flatulence, so stopped taking the (previously daily) tablets. The effect was instantaneous - the bloating went and the slimy mucus I was producing instead of stools vanished too.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me f ...
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Flatulence
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Flatulence
Common treatments for Hiatal Hernia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hiatal hernia symptoms:
Flatulence related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (12 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (2 hours ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Microgestin 1/20
- Metformin Hydrochloride
- Wrinkles Aging Changes