Home > Hiatal hernia > Flatulence > Hiatal hernia and Flatulence
Would you have Flatulence when you have Hiatal hernia?
Summary: Flatulence is found among people with Hiatal hernia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hiatus hernia, and take medication Nexium.
We study 18 people who have Flatulence and Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Flatulence >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole. (view latest reports from 11,135 patients)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) (latest reports from 21,565 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 18 people who have hiatal hernia and Flatulence are studied.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Flatulence * :
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Flatulence * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (18 people, 100.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 27.78%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 27.78%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 22.22%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (4 people, 22.22%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 22.22%)
- Gout (4 people, 22.22%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 22.22%)
- Dyspepsia (4 people, 22.22%)
- Total lung capacity decreased (4 people, 22.22%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nexium (14 people, 77.78%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 27.78%)
- Prilosec otc (5 people, 27.78%)
- Pradaxa (5 people, 27.78%)
- Pepcid (5 people, 27.78%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 22.22%)
- Precose (4 people, 22.22%)
- Ramipril (4 people, 22.22%)
- Premarin (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lovaza (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Flatulence?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Flatulence and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Flatulence
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Hiatus Hernia)
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Migraines 7/24, Loss Of Balance, Thalmic Stroke, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Pressure, Rapid Heart Beat, S.L.E., Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Raynauds, Asthma, Muscle Weakness, PFO, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Back Pain, Involuntary Tremors Occasionally, Knee Pain)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia (3 answers)
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Hiatal Hernia, and takes Omeprazole)
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me f ...
- Might my weight gain have been caused by lansoprazole?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has GERD, Hiatus Hernia, and takes Lansoprazole)
After ten years of taking this PPI I have gained around 35 lbs / 15 kgs. I seem unable to lose this weight, much of it in my abdominal region. I suffer bloating and flatulence; this has been ascribed to diverticulosis. I have a BMI of 30 and a body fat content 0f 23.3%.
- How to cure depression with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, Hiatal Hernia, and takes Omeprazole)
i'm really depressed with the feeling of being nauseated every time i eat. it's like i fear every meal. i'm so miserable and i sometimes come up with suicidal thoughts.
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Flatulence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
(Posted by a 21 year old man who has Reflux Oesophagitis, Hernia - Hiatal, and takes Nexium)
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Flatulence
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: I have been on this drug for approx 3 months and will be on it for the foreseeable future until they work out what is wrong with my neck/back. I am suffering the most horrendous flatulence from morning til night (and through the night aswell.....wake myself up farting really loud!!) This is so emb ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: Mild/moderate flatulence when going to the toilet when at home - noisy enough to be embarrassing. While staying with my daughter and family the bloating and flatulence increased greatly - probably not helped by the toilets being beside their bedroom and beside the kitchen so I was extra anxious abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Prilosec Otc, Klonopin, Prilosec Otc, Effexor for a patient with Low Egfr, Hiatal Hernia, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Major Depression. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Inflammation, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Pain, Diarrhea, Alkaline Phosphatase
Comments: Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have sev ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Crestor, Lotrel, Lorazepam, Nexium for a patient with Precancerous Cells Present, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Hiatal Hernia. The patient has Swelling And Itchiness In Ribs And Underarm And My Tummy Feels Bloated And Painful
Comments: I have diverticulitis and gastritis,i take nexium and was taking dexilant. my stomache always feels bloated and i have a hard time at staying regular on bowel movements.I eat fiber wafers every morning,drink water all day. My upper stomache feels swelled right under my ribs and i itch on m ...
More related studies for: Hiatal hernia, Flatulence
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.