Would you have Heart racing (Heart palpitations) when you have Hiatal hernia?
Summary: Heart racing is found among people with Hiatal hernia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hiatal hernia, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 35 people who have Heart racing (Heart palpitations) and Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Heart racing >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole. (latest reports from 11,359 Hiatal Hernia patients)
Heart racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,127 Heart racing patients)
On Feb, 1, 2015: 35 people who have hiatal hernia and Heart Racing are studied.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Heart racing * :
|Heart racing||67.65%||32.35% |
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Heart racing * :
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||19.35%||3.23%||51.61%||25.81% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart racing||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (35 people, 100.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 22.86%)
- Breast cancer (4 people, 11.43%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (4 people, 11.43%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 11.43%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (4 people, 11.43%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 11.43%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 11.43%)
- Macular degeneration (3 people, 8.57%)
- Reflux gastritis (3 people, 8.57%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (8 people, 22.86%)
- Vitamin d (8 people, 22.86%)
- Nexium (6 people, 17.14%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 14.29%)
- Xanax (5 people, 14.29%)
- Lansoprazole (4 people, 11.43%)
- Prilosec (4 people, 11.43%)
- Topamax (4 people, 11.43%)
- Metoclopramide (4 people, 11.43%)
- Zoloft (4 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Heart Racing?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Heart Racing and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of side effects of Gemfibrozil for a 44-year old man with Dyslipidemia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 38-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Cough, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Simvastatin, Dilantin-30, Dyrenium, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 64-year old man with Low Blood Sugar, Total Cholesterol, Bata Blocker, Fluid Retention, Blood Thinner, Atrial Fibrillation, Diabetic Coma. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Naturetin-5, Valsartan for a 63-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Hernia - Hiatal, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Frozen Shoulder, Then Other Shoulder Very Painful, All Upper Body Had Terrible Pain With Stiffness, Really Bad Stiffness Muscle Pain Joint Pain Lasted For Nine Months When My Omeprazole Was Increased Due To Gastritis. Since I Stopped It Altogether I Am Much Better.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Baby Aspirin, Zantac 75, Clonazepam, Estradiol, Norvasc, Lopressor for a 71-year old woman with Unknown, Heartburn, Anxiety, Hormone Level Abnormal, Hypertension. The patient has Ocular Larva Migrans, Palpitations, Flushing, Heartburn
Recent Hiatal Hernia related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.