Home > Hiatal hernia > Intestinal obstruction > Hiatal hernia and Intestinal obstruction
Review: could Hiatal hernia cause Intestinal obstruction?
We study 1,874 people who have Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Intestinal obstruction. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Intestinal obstruction >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) (latest reports from 101,892 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole.
Intestinal obstruction (latest reports from 108,611 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 1,870 people who have hiatal hernia are studied. Among them, 5 (0.27%) have Intestinal Obstruction.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Intestinal obstruction * :
|Intestinal obstruction||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Intestinal obstruction * :
|Intestinal obstruction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (5 people, 100.00%)
- Peripheral sensory neuropathy (3 people, 60.00%)
- Constipation (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Urinary retention (3 people, 60.00%)
- Nausea (3 people, 60.00%)
- Cervix carcinoma (3 people, 60.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ebrantil (3 people, 60.00%)
- Oxycontin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Decadron (3 people, 60.00%)
- Flomax (3 people, 60.00%)
- Famotidine (3 people, 60.00%)
- Nexium (2 people, 40.00%)
- Miralax (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lansoprazole (1 people, 20.00%)
- Ramelteon (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Intestinal Obstruction?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Intestinal Obstruction and Hiatal hernia
- group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- group for people who have Intestinal Obstruction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have severe fatigue.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I'm still taking nexium but back pain is getting worse. I've never suffered from lower back pain before.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me f ...
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Intestinal obstruction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Garcinia cambogia warning
After using this product for less than I week, I found myself in the hospital for 8 days undergoing surgery for a complete bowel obstruction that my surgeon says was caused by using this product. Warning - don't make the same mistake I made!
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Intestinal obstruction
Common treatments for Hiatal Hernia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hiatal hernia symptoms:
Intestinal Obstruction related symptom studies:
Hiatal Hernia is also known as: Hernia - hiatal, Hiatus Hernia.
Intestinal Obstruction is also known as: Bowel obstruction, Ileus, Intestinal volvulus, Paralytic ileus, Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nose Bleeds
- Marijuana and Ileitis Aggravated
- Marijuana and Cervical Spondylosis
- Garcinia Cambogia and Cymbalta
- High Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg o ... " (8 hours ago)
- "started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/cong ... " (9 hours ago)
- "very tired most of day , daily functions being limite ... " (11 hours ago)
- Depression Elderly
- Sleep Disorder Therapy
- Grape Fruit
- Peroneal Nerve Injury
- Siberian Eleuthero