Would you have Muscle spasms when you have Hiatal hernia?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people with Hiatal hernia, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Hiatal hernia, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 41 people who have Muscle spasms and Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Muscle spasms >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole. (latest reports from Hiatal Hernia 11,135 patients)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Muscle spasms 55,745 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 41 people who have hiatal hernia and Muscle Spasms are studied.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Muscle spasms * :
|Muscle spasms||65.91%||34.09% |
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Muscle spasms * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.16%||2.63%||15.79%||68.42% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (41 people, 100.00%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 19.51%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 19.51%)
- Anaemia (7 people, 17.07%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 14.63%)
- Depression (6 people, 14.63%)
- Blood cholesterol (6 people, 14.63%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 12.20%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 9.76%)
- Asthma (4 people, 9.76%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (12 people, 29.27%)
- Vitamin d (8 people, 19.51%)
- Calcium (6 people, 14.63%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 14.63%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 14.63%)
- Nexium (5 people, 12.20%)
- Simvastatin (5 people, 12.20%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 9.76%)
- Arimidex (4 people, 9.76%)
- Axid (4 people, 9.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Muscle Spasms?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been acting up. Should I stop taking the medication?
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid (1 answer)
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine? (2 answers)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapentin, which definitely helps, but doesn't erase, and on some days, the headache really sends me to bed. Any thoughts?
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia (3 answers)
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me for my medication and is turning a blind eye to my problem not to mention repeated colds flue sinus infections and almost monthly diverticulitious.
- Might my weight gain have been caused by lansoprazole?
After ten years of taking this PPI I have gained around 35 lbs / 15 kgs. I seem unable to lose this weight, much of it in my abdominal region. I suffer bloating and flatulence; this has been ascribed to diverticulosis. I have a BMI of 30 and a body fat content 0f 23.3%.
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 times per day. It's great to be drug free.
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Muscle spasms
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have sev ...
- Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- I have diverticulitis and gastritis,i take nexium and was taking dexilant. my stomache always feels bloated and i have a hard time at staying regular on bowel movements.I eat fiber wafers every morning,drink water all day. My upper stomache feels swelled right under my ribs and i itch on m ...
- ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
More related studies for: Hiatal hernia, Muscle spasms
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.