Would you have Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting) when you have Hiatal hernia?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people with Hiatal hernia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hiatus hernia, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 71 people who have Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting) and Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Upset stomach >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole. (latest reports from Hiatal Hernia 11,346 patients)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Upset stomach 142,363 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 71 people who have hiatal hernia and Upset Stomach are studied.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Upset stomach * :
|Upset stomach||79.45%||20.55% |
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Upset stomach * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||2.94%||0.00%||4.41%||10.29%||19.12%||63.24% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (71 people, 100.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 22.54%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 11.27%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 11.27%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.86%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 5.63%)
- Pain (4 people, 5.63%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 4.23%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (3 people, 4.23%)
- Asthma (3 people, 4.23%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (29 people, 40.85%)
- Nexium (24 people, 33.80%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 14.08%)
- Prilosec (9 people, 12.68%)
- Lansoprazole (7 people, 9.86%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 8.45%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 7.04%)
- Bisoprolol fumarate (5 people, 7.04%)
- Esomeprazole magnesium (5 people, 7.04%)
- Exelon (4 people, 5.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Upset Stomach?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been acting up. Should I stop taking the medication?
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is making me very thirsty. So i try to drink and my body rejects it over and over again.. this goes on for hours (3-5)because i am sooo thirsty that I can not stop drinking.
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar (1 answer)
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience dry heaves attacks. Nausea and vomiting is a side effect of Lamicta in a very small percentage of people. Has anybody suffer nausea and vomiting after taking Lamictal for a log period of time but not in the beginning?
Sorry about the English. English is my second language Thank you
- What to do when one take 20 dose of propranolol 40mg?
a normal person take 20 doses of propranolol 40 mg at a single time. now vomiting and dizziness are the conditions
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Upset stomach
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s instructions. I have three weeks total left and still have the nausea and vomiting but hopeful that these will start to go away soon. Anyone else who has weaned off of it- how long until your symptoms subsided?
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my food, anything fresh out of microwave. Now I smell it in my bowel movement. I called Doctor earlier in week reported. He wants to wait about a week and call back if persists. I am a diabetic and first few days this helped. Doctor reduced my insulin and got me off glimepiride and my Sugar readings have been higher since such as 175-200. This is my only medicine change close to time period. Please respond with help or if you experience similar problems.
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side and lower abdomen almost coming in waves leading up to violent vomiting. Never again.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After repeated setbacks of being re admitted to the hospital for hypercalcemia with symptoms of nausea, vomiting we sought out tests to determine cause. Multiple myeloma, parathyroid issues were ruled out. After almost six months my mother was taken off the anti fungal Fluconizole and I was expecting to have to return her to the hospital for another hypercalcemia event within 2 to 2.5 weeks of being discharged, but alas it has been a month to the day and her calcium levels are starting to stabilize. On another note, her white counts had been elevated beyond 11.5 and as high as 39 for 5 1/2 months and finally after getting off of Fluconizole her wBC's are sitting at 10.5, which is better than we have seen since June 2013. Just to mention, my mothers calcium levels when peaked to cause symptoms of nausea and vomiting would generally be at 13-17.
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Upset stomach
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have sev ...
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
More related studies for: Hiatal hernia, Upset stomach
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.