Would you have Urinary tract infection when you have Hiatal hernia?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people with Hiatal hernia, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hiatal hernia, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 39 people who have Urinary tract infection and Hiatal hernia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiatal hernia and Urinary tract infection >>>
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole. (latest reports from Hiatal Hernia 11,346 patients)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 39 people who have hiatal hernia and Urinary Tract Infection are studied.
Gender of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Urinary tract infection * :
|Urinary tract infection||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have hiatal hernia and experienced Urinary tract infection * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.89%||10.53%||81.58% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiatus hernia (39 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 46.15%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 23.08%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 20.51%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 20.51%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (6 people, 15.38%)
- Dyspnoea (5 people, 12.82%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 12.82%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 12.82%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 12.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (11 people, 28.21%)
- Lorazepam (8 people, 20.51%)
- Albuterol (8 people, 20.51%)
- Diovan (7 people, 17.95%)
- Ranitidine (7 people, 17.95%)
- Fortical (6 people, 15.38%)
- Lovaza (6 people, 15.38%)
- Spiriva (6 people, 15.38%)
- Vitamin d (6 people, 15.38%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatal Hernia and Urinary Tract Infection?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection and Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Hiatal hernia
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been acting up. Should I stop taking the medication?
- Warfarin and urinary infections (1 answer)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profession in the UK seem to think there is no correlation between warfarin and urinary infections. He has been checked out to see if there is a problem with his bladder/prostrate/kidneys but all are okay and the only link we can see is when his warfarin is increased to a high dose (10mg or above) he gets this infection.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know where I could go for more information on a possible link?
Thank you for your help.
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid (1 answer)
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine? (2 answers)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapentin, which definitely helps, but doesn't erase, and on some days, the headache really sends me to bed. Any thoughts?
More questions for: Hiatal hernia, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 times per day. It's great to be drug free.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won't happen overnight. The only medication that I take is Cipramil for Fibromyalgia. I suffer quite badly from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and must not have caffeine, dairy, or wheat. If I do, I pay the price. Sugar causes blisters in my mouth,and blisters under my breasts and armpits. If I don't have sugar, these symptoms go away. So after the amnesia episode, I will work harder at making myself healthy again.
More reviews for: Hiatal hernia, Urinary tract infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have sev ...
- I have diverticulitis and gastritis,i take nexium and was taking dexilant. my stomache always feels bloated and i have a hard time at staying regular on bowel movements.I eat fiber wafers every morning,drink water all day. My upper stomache feels swelled right under my ribs and i itch on m ...
- Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
More related studies for: Hiatal hernia, Urinary tract infection
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.