Home > Hiccups > Pancreatitis > Hiccups and Pancreatitis
Would you have Pancreatitis when you have Hiccups?
Summary: Pancreatitis is reported only by a few people with Hiccups.
We study people who have Pancreatitis and Hiccups from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiccups and Pancreatitis >>>
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) (view latest reports from 3,529 patients)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 31,685 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 341 people who have hiccups are studied. Among them, 1 (0.29%) has Pancreatitis.
Gender of people who have hiccups and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Age of people who have hiccups and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (1 people, 100.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Bupropion hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Truvada (1 people, 100.00%)
- Baclofen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Nexavar (1 people, 100.00%)
- Dapsone (1 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lactulose (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiccups and Pancreatitis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis and Hiccups
- support group for people who have Hiccups
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
- Parkinson's do my medicines help with hiccups problems?
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Hiccups, and takes Carbidopa And Levodopa)
Some Studies show .012 % of Parkinson's patients have Hiccups.
Still others say 18 % or around there.
After my Parkinson's Disease got worse my Severe Hiccups started. I thought that
my med's had helped with both pain and a little with my Hiccups.
The VA doctor said that Carbidopa And Levodopa ...
- Does methadone cause pancreatitis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride)
I have been taking percocet long term for low back pain. I've been trying to break away from percocet & am only taking 1/4th of a percocet 10, 4x daily. Also now taking methedone 2x day. Have pancreas pain & have had pancreatitis several times over the years. I have not drank alcohol for 30+ yea ...
- My husband is taking creon for pancreas inflammation. he has been experiencing constipation. is it safe for him to take a stool softener while taking the creon?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Creon)
He has been taking Creon for about a month now, and has been experiencing some discomfort from constipation. Not sure what is safe for him to take over the counter
- Dr. didn't refill my suboxone. when i went 2 clinic.councilor made appt 4 me 2 see dr in 1 week. left me 2 detox on my own.
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Hepatitis C)
Compliant on Suboxone program. Dr. Didn't refill my soboxone. Councilor said they would email Dr. Told me to check drug store. Did this 3 days in a row. Was very sick. Family called. Dr. Out of town. Councilor still attempted to get a hold of doctor. Friend called clinics and hospital no return call ...
More questions for: Hiccups, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
- Horrible hiccups may be caused by sulfamethoxazole
(Posted by a 37 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Sulfamethoxazole)
a few hours after taking Bactrim/sulfamethoxazole I got the worst case of Hiccups Ever. it has now been over 24 hours and I havent stopped. will be visiting my doctor in the morning.
- Hiccups with cymbalta (1 response)
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Hiccups, and takes Cymbalta)
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
- Hiccups with abilify (3 responses)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Abilify)
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before th ...
More reviews for: Hiccups, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Insulin, Crestor for a patient with Singultus, Lisinopril. The patient has Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
Comments: Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Methadone Hydrochloride, Soma, Levothyroxine Sodium, Viibryd, Saphris for a patient with Inflammation, Pain Medications, Muscle Relaxerq, Thyroid Disorder, Antidepressant Therapy, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis
Comments: I have had chronic pancreatitis for three years and am concerned that the medication Saphris could possibly be hurting me. I have gone on and off t his medication and I'm wondering if I have less symptoms of pancretitis when I do not take this medication
- A study of drug interactions between Zenpep, Lexapro for a patient with Pancreatitis, Depression. The patient has Pancreatitis
Comments: I had 5 bouts of acute pancreatitis 3-4 years ago and doctors couldn't figure out what caused it so they did the process of illumination which included my gallbladder being removed ... Turns out it was the anti depressants ... I stopped taking them and have been fine ... Last month a new doctor out ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)
Comments: I have Crohn's and had pancreatitis 10 years ago. I recently started taking Gabapentin two weeks ago and my doc upped the dose a few days ago. I am now feeling the same symptoms that I had when I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. I have not had a blood test done yet to confirm it.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Valium, Hydrocortone for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Pancreatitis
Comments: Alcohol use for last three months 3 to 4 beers in the evening. No liquior use. Has been on Vicodin for 7 years for neck pain. Recently started the valium and Adderall. Would the alcohol use or medications or both cause the pancreatic?
More related studies for: Hiccups, Pancreatitis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.