Home > High blood cholesterol > A-fib > High blood cholesterol and A-fib
Review: could High blood cholesterol cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 118,504 people who have High blood cholesterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,018 have A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood cholesterol and A-fib >>>
High blood cholesterol
High blood cholesterol (latest reports from 454,536 patients) can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin Sodium, Zocor, Atorvastatin Calcium.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 118,480 people who have high blood cholesterol are studied. Among them, 1,018 (0.86%) have A-fib.
Gender of people who have high blood cholesterol and experienced A-fib * :
Age of people who have high blood cholesterol and experienced A-fib * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (627 people, 61.59%)
- Hypertension (406 people, 39.88%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (273 people, 26.82%)
- Atrial fibrillation (218 people, 21.41%)
- Blood cholesterol (181 people, 17.78%)
- Osteoporosis (113 people, 11.10%)
- Diabetes mellitus (111 people, 10.90%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (95 people, 9.33%)
- Pain (89 people, 8.74%)
- Cardiac disorder (72 people, 7.07%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lipitor (345 people, 33.89%)
- Aspirin (255 people, 25.05%)
- Simvastatin (200 people, 19.65%)
- Zocor (138 people, 13.56%)
- Crestor (137 people, 13.46%)
- Fosamax (130 people, 12.77%)
- Coumadin (128 people, 12.57%)
- Plavix (107 people, 10.51%)
- Lisinopril (104 people, 10.22%)
- Lasix (90 people, 8.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Cholesterol and A-fib?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have A-fib and High blood cholesterol
- support group for people who have High blood cholesterol
- support group for people who have A-fib
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
After 30 years on brand Lipitor without incident, I tried atorvastatin (generic) 3 weeks ago and began to notice a slight heart flutter. Last week, I experienced an hour of intense heart palpitations and ended up in the emergency room. The cardiologist at the hospital increased my metropolol to twice a day and I have had about six palpitations daily since my hospitalization. In hospital tests did not determine a reason for the arrhythmia. Could the switch to the generic be the root of this problem? I know the formulation is supposedly the same, but there ARE differences in binders, filers, etc. and there is a small percentage allowance for efficacy.I am slightly concerned.
From this study (12 months ago):
I had mini-maze a-fib surgery in February of 2013. Have had only one episode of short duration where my heart seemed to skip a beat about every 20 to 30 beats. This lasted only 15 to 20 minutes.
From this study (1 year ago):
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark or semi-dark rooms but clears in light where minor motion and distortion is noted when staring ahead. A mask descends over my face when staring ahead (maybe inner-ocular-lenses affect (cataract surgery)?). In some cases, get affect that I can feel geometric objects and fish-like or distorted objects. Started when given Lamotrigine & Quetiapine. Doctor has increased dosage of Lamotrigin, stopped Quetiapine and added Risperidone: snow/rain effects have significantly increased at night before falling asleep. Severe snow/rain affect occurs when I wake up early in the morning in semi-dark.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood cholesterol, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
More reviews for: High blood cholesterol, A-fib
Common treatments for High Blood Cholesterol and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood cholesterol symptoms:
- Flushing in High blood cholesterol (10,191 reports)
- Muscle Pain in High blood cholesterol (8,976 reports)
- Asthenia in High blood cholesterol (8,027 reports)
- Pain in High blood cholesterol (6,497 reports)
- Weariness in High blood cholesterol (6,042 reports)
- Pruritus in High blood cholesterol (5,521 reports)
- Nausea in High blood cholesterol (5,511 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood cholesterol (5,491 reports)
- Pain In Extremity in High blood cholesterol (5,439 reports)
- Skin Lesion in High blood cholesterol (5,364 reports)
A-fib related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.