Home > High blood pressure > Ascites > High blood pressure and Ascites
Review: could High blood pressure cause Ascites?
We study 209,300 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 617 have Ascites. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Ascites >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,134,230 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate.
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) (latest reports from 97,133 patients) has been reported by people with hepatic neoplasm malignant, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 209,017 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 617 (0.30%) have Ascites. They amount to 0.64% of all the 97,116 people who have Ascites on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Ascites * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Ascites * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (136 people, 22.04%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (132 people, 21.39%)
- Prophylaxis (89 people, 14.42%)
- Pain (78 people, 12.64%)
- Gastritis (67 people, 10.86%)
- Insomnia (65 people, 10.53%)
- Anaemia (53 people, 8.59%)
- Constipation (50 people, 8.10%)
- Hepatitis c (44 people, 7.13%)
- Hyperuricaemia (35 people, 5.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lasix (178 people, 28.85%)
- Norvasc (108 people, 17.50%)
- Aspirin (99 people, 16.05%)
- Aldactone (86 people, 13.94%)
- Omeprazole (79 people, 12.80%)
- Diovan (77 people, 12.48%)
- Furosemide (75 people, 12.16%)
- Lisinopril (71 people, 11.51%)
- Amlodipine (64 people, 10.37%)
- Urso 250 (50 people, 8.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Ascites?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ascites and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
- group for people who have Ascites
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
I have extended belly and would like to get rid of it.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Ascites
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Ascites
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Hypertension in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,226 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in High blood pressure (10,339 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Weariness in High blood pressure (9,283 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in High blood pressure (8,844 reports)
- Lower Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Headache in High blood pressure (8,262 reports)
Ascites related symptom studies:
High Blood Pressure is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, Hypertension.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.