Home > High blood pressure > Bowel obstruction > High blood pressure and Bowel obstruction
Review: could High blood pressure cause Bowel obstruction (Intestinal obstruction)?
We study 209,300 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 673 have Bowel obstruction (Intestinal obstruction). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Bowel obstruction >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,134,230 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate.
Bowel obstruction (latest reports from 108,392 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Aug, 28, 2014: 209,017 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 673 (0.32%) have Bowel Obstruction. They amount to 0.62% of all the 108,509 people who have Bowel Obstruction on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Bowel obstruction * :
|Bowel obstruction||51.33%||48.67% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Bowel obstruction * :
|Bowel obstruction||0.00%||0.00%||0.42%||0.42%||4.40%||12.98%||15.92%||65.97% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bowel obstruction||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (163 people, 24.22%)
- Pain (145 people, 21.55%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (131 people, 19.47%)
- Crohn's disease (106 people, 15.75%)
- Constipation (106 people, 15.75%)
- Diabetes mellitus (102 people, 15.16%)
- Depression (94 people, 13.97%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (94 people, 13.97%)
- Nausea (80 people, 11.89%)
- Insomnia (79 people, 11.74%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lasix (172 people, 25.56%)
- Aspirin (164 people, 24.37%)
- Humira (157 people, 23.33%)
- Norvasc (148 people, 21.99%)
- Amlodipine (129 people, 19.17%)
- Diovan (120 people, 17.83%)
- Oxycontin (106 people, 15.75%)
- Nexium (101 people, 15.01%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (100 people, 14.86%)
- Atenolol (92 people, 13.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Bowel Obstruction?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Bowel Obstruction and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
- group for people who have Bowel Obstruction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
pain in abdomen,left side bottom of rib-cage,vomitting fluid
From this study (3 months ago):
pain in abdomen,left side bottom of rib-cage
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Bowel obstruction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Garcinia cambogia warning
After using this product for less than I week, I found myself in the hospital for 8 days undergoing surgery for a complete bowel obstruction that my surgeon says was caused by using this product. Warning - don't make the same mistake I made!
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Bowel obstruction
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Blood Pressure - High in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,226 reports)
- Dyspnea in High blood pressure (10,339 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in High blood pressure (9,283 reports)
- Not Effective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in High blood pressure (8,844 reports)
- Hypotension in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Pain - Head in High blood pressure (8,262 reports)
Bowel Obstruction related symptom studies:
High Blood Pressure is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, Hypertension.
Bowel Obstruction is also known as: Ileus, Intestinal obstruction, Intestinal volvulus, Paralytic ileus, Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.