Review: could High blood pressure cause Confusion?
We study 209,179 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,052 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,198 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Confusion (latest reports from 193,426 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Aug, 23, 2014: 208,964 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 1,054 (0.50%) have Confusion. They amount to 0.54% of all the 193,400 people who have Confusion on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Confusion * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Confusion * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (182 people, 17.27%)
- Pain (168 people, 15.94%)
- Diabetes mellitus (112 people, 10.63%)
- Anxiety (106 people, 10.06%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (83 people, 7.87%)
- Insomnia (72 people, 6.83%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 6.74%)
- Herpes zoster (70 people, 6.64%)
- Hypothyroidism (69 people, 6.55%)
- Prophylaxis (68 people, 6.45%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (181 people, 17.17%)
- Aspirin (165 people, 15.65%)
- Norvasc (126 people, 11.95%)
- Atenolol (122 people, 11.57%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (106 people, 10.06%)
- Diovan (102 people, 9.68%)
- Lasix (101 people, 9.58%)
- Amlodipine (82 people, 7.78%)
- Simvastatin (76 people, 7.21%)
- Furosemide (75 people, 7.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Confusion?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Confusion and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
- group for people who have Confusion
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I thought it was my thyroid. It is enlarged but my labs came back back normal. I finally found some relief after reading an article in AARP a couple of weeks ago about drugs that can cause memory loss. I stopped taking the carvedilol right away. I'm feeling better already but I hope it clears more. I was looking for information. Many of the sites about carvedilol and memory loss are gone. It appears that there is a cover up concerning this drug. Many doctors won't admit that it can cause memory loss. The drug sites say nothing about memory loss. And a couple of sites just state that memory loss is not a side affect of carvedilol. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
From this study (2 months ago):
Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped taking it, and I believe I am finally coming out of it. I curse the day that I was foolish enough to ingest this substance.
From this study (3 months ago):
I have been off the labetalol for about 3 months. Still on Valsartan Hctz. My hair used to be shiny and full. It is now dry brittle short thin and has broken off to less than a half inch in length on the crown of my head. I now have high ocular pressure that has increased rapidly since taking these meds.sometimes my sight blurs when reading and I sometimes cannot concentrate(get confused, cannot remember things).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Confusion
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Htn in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,226 reports)
- Shortness Of Breath in High blood pressure (10,339 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Fatigue in High blood pressure (9,280 reports)
- Drug Not Working in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in High blood pressure (8,844 reports)
- Lower Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (8,322 reports)
- Headaches in High blood pressure (8,262 reports)
Confusion related symptom studies:
High Blood Pressure is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, Hypertension.
Confusion is also known as: Disorientation, Thinking - unclear, Thoughts - cloudy.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.