Review: could High blood pressure cause Confusion?
We study 208,718 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,050 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Confusion >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,144,464 patients) is typically treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide.
Confusion (latest reports from 193,199 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Jul, 21, 2014: 208,718 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 1,050 (0.50%) have Confusion. They amount to 0.54% of all the 193,181 people who have Confusion on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Confusion * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Confusion * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (182 people, 17.33%)
- Pain (168 people, 16.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (112 people, 10.67%)
- Anxiety (106 people, 10.10%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (83 people, 7.90%)
- Insomnia (72 people, 6.86%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 6.76%)
- Herpes zoster (70 people, 6.67%)
- Hypothyroidism (69 people, 6.57%)
- Prophylaxis (68 people, 6.48%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (180 people, 17.14%)
- Aspirin (165 people, 15.71%)
- Norvasc (126 people, 12.00%)
- Atenolol (122 people, 11.62%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (106 people, 10.10%)
- Diovan (102 people, 9.71%)
- Lasix (101 people, 9.62%)
- Amlodipine (82 people, 7.81%)
- Simvastatin (76 people, 7.24%)
- Furosemide (75 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Connect with patients like me anytime? Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Confusion and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I have been off the labetalol for about 3 months. Still on Valsartan Hctz. My hair used to be shiny and full. It is now dry brittle short thin and has broken off to less than a half inch in length on the crown of my head. I now have high ocular pressure that has increased rapidly since taking these meds.sometimes my sight blurs when reading and I sometimes cannot concentrate(get confused, cannot remember things).
From this study (4 months ago):
On Oxycontin after surgery for broken femur.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Confusion
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.