Home > High blood pressure > Constipation > High blood pressure and Constipation
Review: could High blood pressure cause Constipation?
We study 209,463 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,995 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Constipation >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 209,179 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 2,995 (1.43%) have Constipation.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (2,995 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (496 people, 16.56%)
- Blood pressure (428 people, 14.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (426 people, 14.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (371 people, 12.39%)
- Osteoporosis (365 people, 12.19%)
- Depression (349 people, 11.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (343 people, 11.45%)
- Prophylaxis (302 people, 10.08%)
- Atrial fibrillation (243 people, 8.11%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (765 people, 25.54%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (554 people, 18.50%)
- Lisinopril (552 people, 18.43%)
- Lipitor (429 people, 14.32%)
- Norvasc (409 people, 13.66%)
- Fosamax (347 people, 11.59%)
- Atenolol (346 people, 11.55%)
- Toprol-xl (339 people, 11.32%)
- Lasix (326 people, 10.88%)
- Amlodipine (300 people, 10.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Constipation?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Constipation and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
- group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
starting to get constipation and trying to determine if drug related or something else.
From this study (6 months ago):
Drink a lot of water but doesn't seem to help. Stomachs and back pains, blotting and it feels like I have to go but can't. Nauseated at times.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Constipation
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Hbp in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,739 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,226 reports)
- Dyspnoea in High blood pressure (10,339 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in High blood pressure (9,283 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in High blood pressure (8,844 reports)
- Blood Pressure Decreased in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Headache in High blood pressure (8,262 reports)
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,363 reports)
- Constipation in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1,508 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,027 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple myeloma (1,757 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,503 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,215 reports)
- Constipation in Reduce cholesterol (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Tobacco abuse (1,724 reports)
High Blood Pressure is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, Hypertension.
Constipation is also known as: Irregularity of bowels, Lack of regular bowel movements, Stool Softener, Stool softener needs.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness and Victoza
- Low Platelet Count
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
Recent user comments
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ year ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Asthma Late Onset
- Sjogrens Syndrome
- Benadryl (mcneil Cons) 50mg