Home > High blood pressure > Dry eye > High blood pressure and Dry eye
Review: could High blood pressure cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
We study 209,463 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 482 have Dry eye (Dry eyes). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Dry eye >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 57,890 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 209,179 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 472 (0.23%) have Dry Eye.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Dry eye * :
|Dry eye||81.42%||18.58% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Dry eye * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.18%||1.64%||6.57%||19.16%||72.63% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||2.13%||27.66%||59.57%||10.64% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (472 people, 100.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (77 people, 16.31%)
- Diabetes mellitus (68 people, 14.41%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (68 people, 14.41%)
- Blood pressure (53 people, 11.23%)
- Atrial fibrillation (53 people, 11.23%)
- Blood pressure increased (51 people, 10.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (50 people, 10.59%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (49 people, 10.38%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (49 people, 10.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (123 people, 26.06%)
- Aspirin (117 people, 24.79%)
- Synthroid (86 people, 18.22%)
- Spiriva (63 people, 13.35%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (62 people, 13.14%)
- Lipitor (58 people, 12.29%)
- Folic acid (49 people, 10.38%)
- Vitamin d (47 people, 9.96%)
- Amlodipine (45 people, 9.53%)
- Losartan potassium (42 people, 8.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Dry Eye?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dry Eye and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
From this study (3 months ago):
Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped taking it, and I believe I am finally coming out of it. I curse the day that I was foolish enough to ingest this substance.
From this study (10 months ago):
Several more side effects, but unable to recall all of them.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Dry eye
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,237 reports)
- Dyspnoea in High blood pressure (10,343 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Fatigue in High blood pressure (9,295 reports)
- Weakness in High blood pressure (8,848 reports)
- Drug Not Working in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Low Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Pain - Head in High blood pressure (8,274 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in High blood pressure (7,882 reports)
- Rashes in High blood pressure (7,002 reports)
Dry Eye related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (10 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (10 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (19 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (21 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (34 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ornithine Hcl
- Pravastatin Sodium
- Tooth Loss