Home > High blood pressure > Fluid in the chest > High blood pressure and Fluid in the chest
Review: could High blood pressure cause Fluid in the chest (Pleural effusion)?
We study 209,463 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,521 have Fluid in the chest (Pleural effusion). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Fluid in the chest >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Fluid in the chest
Fluid in the chest (water on the lungs) (latest reports from 275,914 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, pain, osteoporosis.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 209,017 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 1,521 (0.73%) have Fluid In The Chest. They amount to 0.55% of all the 275,787 people who have Fluid In The Chest on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Fluid in the chest * :
|Fluid in the chest||50.40%||49.60% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Fluid in the chest * :
|Fluid in the chest||0.51%||0.28%||0.14%||0.51%||1.48%||8.16%||15.07%||73.89% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid in the chest||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (395 people, 25.97%)
- Pain (293 people, 19.26%)
- Prophylaxis (284 people, 18.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (236 people, 15.52%)
- Depression (190 people, 12.49%)
- Osteoporosis (180 people, 11.83%)
- Cardiac disorder (156 people, 10.26%)
- Blood cholesterol (145 people, 9.53%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (141 people, 9.27%)
- Insomnia (139 people, 9.14%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (435 people, 28.60%)
- Lasix (370 people, 24.33%)
- Amlodipine (267 people, 17.55%)
- Furosemide (264 people, 17.36%)
- Lisinopril (264 people, 17.36%)
- Norvasc (247 people, 16.24%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (240 people, 15.78%)
- Simvastatin (228 people, 14.99%)
- Allopurinol (203 people, 13.35%)
- Diovan (183 people, 12.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Fluid In The Chest?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Fluid In The Chest and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Fluid In The Chest
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
had AVR in 2010 then two pleural effusions 1.5 liters removed. Started taking metoprolol for increasing palpitations and high systolic pressure. Now, looks like either pleural effusion or pleural scarring
From this study (1 year ago):
Does plendil cause pleural effusions
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Fluid in the chest
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Fluid in the chest
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Blood Pressure - High in High blood pressure (15,746 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,746 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,237 reports)
- Dyspnea in High blood pressure (10,346 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Exhaustion in High blood pressure (9,295 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in High blood pressure (8,848 reports)
- Not Effective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Low Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Pain - Head in High blood pressure (8,274 reports)
Fluid In The Chest related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.