Home > High blood pressure > Irritability > High blood pressure and Irritability
Review: could High blood pressure cause Irritability?
We study 209,463 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 705 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Irritability >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Irritability (latest reports from 146,825 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 209,412 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 705 (0.34%) have Irritability.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Irritability * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Irritability * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (705 people, 100.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (252 people, 35.74%)
- Depression (179 people, 25.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (154 people, 21.84%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (137 people, 19.43%)
- Pain (111 people, 15.74%)
- Blood cholesterol (99 people, 14.04%)
- Blood pressure (79 people, 11.21%)
- Anxiety (68 people, 9.65%)
- Insomnia (64 people, 9.08%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Chantix (242 people, 34.33%)
- Lisinopril (139 people, 19.72%)
- Toprol-xl (120 people, 17.02%)
- Simvastatin (120 people, 17.02%)
- Zocor (106 people, 15.04%)
- Atenolol (97 people, 13.76%)
- Prilosec (94 people, 13.33%)
- Aspirin (90 people, 12.77%)
- Motrin (88 people, 12.48%)
- Potassium chloride (86 people, 12.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Irritability?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Irritability and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Irritability
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
* 201 lbs
* Two 18mg of Concerta (Morning dosage)
* 1 Metformin (Night dose -- not taken every night)
I'm worried about my appetite. For a while now I have been noticing a decrease-- I barely eat. The trouble is determining whether it is the medication I take, an eating disorder (or beginning of one), or just general diet (as I have been trying to lose weight). I do induce vomiting and nausea occasionally after large meals to get rid of some of the calories. I avoid eating after school because of the calories.
It is confusing to me because I have had these tendencies for a while before taking any medication or being diagnosed with ADHD. It carried over from before any of this. My mood is unstable and tends to be chronically negative -BUT- this has been a trait of mine for years. I can barely drag myself out of bed in the mornings on some days -- not due to tiredness but due to not wanting to deal with the world and my life. This also has been going on for years.
The strange responses to food and eating have been going on for about a year now-- about the same amount of time I have been trying to lose weight.
To conclude all of this, its been blending over from before so that I have no idea whether or not medication is altering me or whether i have an eating disorder or not. I have noticed a more drastic decrease in appetite within the past two weeks but have been taking a double dose in the morning for longer than that.
From this study (8 months ago):
THE MUSCLE PAIN ON MY LEFT ARM IS EVERYDAY, ALSO THE RASH ON MY FAVE I HEVE BEEN NOTICE WHEN I TOOK VIAGRA ARE MORE SEVERE, AND EVEN MY LIPS ARE MORE SENSIBLE AND MORE RED THAN NORMAL
From this study (2 years ago):
I have just had my topamax increased and as it did when I first began, I have this overall feeling of sadness and malaise. Im wondering if its the combination of the medication or just the topamax. It does eventually dissipate, but the feeling sucks! Its as though im never going to be cheerful again. And when I become angry, I become enraged and even irrational! Not me at all.
ed on Oct, 12, 2012:
I am a 43 year old male. I had a shoulder in January and went to a pain management clinic in June and been taking Topamax since then. I understand how you feel especially when they upped my grams from 50 to 100 a day. My feelings got darker. I am currently trying to get off the medication. I hope all goes well with you.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Irritability
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Irritability
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,237 reports)
- Shortness Of Breath in High blood pressure (10,343 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Exhaustion in High blood pressure (9,286 reports)
- Asthenia in High blood pressure (8,848 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Blood Pressure Decreased in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in High blood pressure (8,274 reports)
- Stools - Watery in High blood pressure (7,877 reports)
- Rash Generalised in High blood pressure (6,989 reports)
Irritability related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.