Home > High blood pressure > Mood swings > High blood pressure and Mood swings
Review: could High blood pressure cause Mood swings?
We study 209,463 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 580 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have High blood pressure and Mood swings >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 122,112 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 209,412 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 580 (0.28%) have Mood Swings.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Mood swings * :
|Mood swings||64.65%||35.35% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Mood swings * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.17%||0.17%||1.21%||4.84%||22.63%||36.27%||34.89% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||18.75%||34.38%||37.50%||9.38% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (580 people, 100.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (207 people, 35.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus (132 people, 22.76%)
- Pain (122 people, 21.03%)
- Depression (115 people, 19.83%)
- Blood cholesterol (102 people, 17.59%)
- Anxiety (95 people, 16.38%)
- Blood pressure (86 people, 14.83%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 13.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (66 people, 11.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Chantix (219 people, 37.76%)
- Simvastatin (137 people, 23.62%)
- Lisinopril (118 people, 20.34%)
- Zocor (93 people, 16.03%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (90 people, 15.52%)
- Toprol-xl (87 people, 15.00%)
- Prilosec (81 people, 13.97%)
- Potassium chloride (75 people, 12.93%)
- Klonopin (70 people, 12.07%)
- Atenolol (68 people, 11.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Mood Swings?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Mood Swings and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
Severe cramp nocturnal especially legs and calves
Back pain due to sudden entrapment of l4l5
Tingling around mouth and temporal area of scalp
From this study (2 years ago):
I have just had my topamax increased and as it did when I first began, I have this overall feeling of sadness and malaise. Im wondering if its the combination of the medication or just the topamax. It does eventually dissipate, but the feeling sucks! Its as though im never going to be cheerful again. And when I become angry, I become enraged and even irrational! Not me at all.
ed on Oct, 12, 2012:
I am a 43 year old male. I had a shoulder in January and went to a pain management clinic in June and been taking Topamax since then. I understand how you feel especially when they upped my grams from 50 to 100 a day. My feelings got darker. I am currently trying to get off the medication. I hope all goes well with you.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Mood swings
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,237 reports)
- Dyspnea in High blood pressure (10,343 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Exhaustion in High blood pressure (9,286 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in High blood pressure (8,848 reports)
- Drug Not Working in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Hypotension in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in High blood pressure (8,274 reports)
- Stools - Watery in High blood pressure (7,877 reports)
- Rash Generalised in High blood pressure (6,986 reports)
Mood Swings related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Metastatic Carcinoid Tumour and Joint Aches
- Decreased Appetite and Vyvanse
- Dizziness and Neuropathy
- Dizziness and Nexium
- Dizziness and Gerd
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Cialis Lilly 10mg
- Radix Angelicae Gigantis
- Gastroenteritis Bacterial Nos
- Dextromethorphan Polistirex Tris Pharma Inc 30mg 5ml
- Proctitis Ulcerative