Review: could High blood pressure cause Nasal congestion?
We study 209,179 people who have High blood pressure from FDA and social media. Among them, 582 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,198 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) (latest reports from 78,246 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 209,116 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 582 (0.28%) have Nasal Congestion.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Nasal congestion * :
|Nasal congestion||65.83%||34.17% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Nasal congestion * :
|Nasal congestion||0.56%||0.00%||1.69%||0.70%||3.24%||14.93%||25.77%||53.24% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||44.44%||47.22%||8.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (582 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (111 people, 19.07%)
- Blood pressure (99 people, 17.01%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (88 people, 15.12%)
- Depression (79 people, 13.57%)
- Pain (76 people, 13.06%)
- Prophylaxis (75 people, 12.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (69 people, 11.86%)
- Diabetes mellitus (67 people, 11.51%)
- Cardiac disorder (54 people, 9.28%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (158 people, 27.15%)
- Humira (140 people, 24.05%)
- Aspirin (132 people, 22.68%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (110 people, 18.90%)
- Folic acid (91 people, 15.64%)
- Atenolol (89 people, 15.29%)
- Synthroid (85 people, 14.60%)
- Amlodipine (85 people, 14.60%)
- Methotrexate (84 people, 14.43%)
- Prednisone (75 people, 12.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure and Nasal Congestion?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Nasal Congestion and High blood pressure
- group for people who have High blood pressure
- group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Need seroquel for panic/anxiety/depression/bipolar, but it seems to bring significant nasal congestion. Can't fight it w/Afrin for more than a couple days or risk rebound nasal congestion although Afrin does bring relief. Using Sudafed PE with mixed results and often need Afrin to breathe through my nose. Often have feeling of diffculty swallowing although a recent endoscopy did notfind anything physical. Panic/anxiety most often in the evening/night which are moretolerable when I stand-up and move around. Coping with anxiety and swallowing issues at night often result in little sleep on many nights per week.
tunafilet on Aug, 3, 2014:
Female, 70 yrs old. Taking Welbutrin and Lexapro. Cannot fall or stay asleep at night even after taking many different sleep aids. Severe nasal congestion (snorting) adds to the problem. Seems to start up after trying to sleep for a few hours and does not stop. Anyone else?
From this study (2 months ago):
Sensation of choking especially at night.
From this study (10 months ago):
I had a dental implant on tooth #13. It was painful from day one. I had it removed a year and a half later. Two months prior to removal I couldn't see straight while driving. feels like a roller coaster. cant take turns. thought I was having a heart attack. doc tried to put me on antidepressant. Even after implant was removed I still have "vertigo" and all other symptoms. I changed BP med from atenol to amlodipine.. thought it was atenol giving me anxiety. anxiety is better but I still cant drive or see straight.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Nasal congestion
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Nasal congestion
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common High blood pressure symptoms:
- Htn in High blood pressure (15,770 reports)
- Blood Pressure in High blood pressure (15,770 reports)
- Dizziness in High blood pressure (12,226 reports)
- Dyspnoea in High blood pressure (10,339 reports)
- Nausea in High blood pressure (9,982 reports)
- Weariness in High blood pressure (9,280 reports)
- Not Effective in High blood pressure (8,847 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in High blood pressure (8,844 reports)
- Hypotension in High blood pressure (8,318 reports)
- Pain - Head in High blood pressure (8,262 reports)
Nasal Congestion related symptom studies:
High Blood Pressure is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, Hypertension.
Nasal Congestion is also known as: Congested nose, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Nose - congested, Stuffy nose.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.